- 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions on orders above Rs. 8000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get flat Rs.25 back using Amazon Pay UPI on minimum spends of INR 75. Offer applicable for customers on latest Android app version 220.127.116.110; valid once per customer. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save up to Rs 2400 a year; Earn 2% cash back on every order with Amazon Pay balance. Sign up now! Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Kafka On The Shore (Vintage Magic) Mass Market Paperback – 6 Oct 2005
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Wonderful... Magical and outlandish" (Daily Mail)
"A magnificently bewildering achievement... Brilliantly conceived, bold in its surreal scope, sexy and driven by a snappy plot... Exuberant storytelling" (Independent on Sunday)
"Cool, fluent and addictive" (Daily Telegraph)
"Hypnotic, spellbinding" (The Times)
"Addictive... Exhilarating... A pleasure" (Evening Standard)
Cats converse with people; fish tumble from the sky... A bewitching and wildly inventive novel from a master stylistSee all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
209 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 209 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
BY HARUKI MURAKAMI❤
There are two stories moving in the same line interconnected to each other.
The book starts with Kafka Tamura who is 15years old who has on runaway from his home hiding from a dark prophecy made by his father.Kafka character is a silent focused and a guy who talks with his subconscious mind named crow.On his runaway journey Kafka has some extraordinary experiences which are hard to believe.Also few days after his runaway his father is found dead in his own home.. stabbed in his own house..
The second story that is about a Special old man name NAKATA....frankly I loved nakata character more than Kafka....the reason I said special...because Kafka has a differential way of speaking ..Dan normal man and also he can talk to cats😉but nakata was not always so...he had experience at school which changed his life for ever....Nakata character is mysterious and full of life and addictive....
And there is fish tumble from the skull; a ghost like pimp deploys a hegel spouting girl of the night....and complete package of wide imagination..
This book was recommended by one of @helly video and I'm thankful for it
☁the books has various parts which are really hard to digest so it is slow absorbing book so one cant read in one set how addictive one might find
☁You should keep ur mind to all kind off possibility
☁the language is ❤❤❤❤ ...the main reason is to just enjoy it
☁if ur impatient reader den the book is not for u..
☁the are several unanswered question In the book..the book makes u think
~Oshima, Kafka on the shore.
As people might have guessed, yes Oshima is one the favourite characters of mine in the book. And I have just adjectives to describe the impact of the book on me. Its psychedelic, disturbing, enjoyable, therapeutic, chaotically difficult and immensely fascinating read. Murakami transported me to Nogata, Nakano Ward, Takamatsu, Shikoku, Kobe, Tokushima, the mountains in Kochi and the shrine, even the highways. His writing was so enthralling and felt so real that I couldn't help but fall for it. Also love the bond between Nakata and his travelling Buddy, Hoshino which warmed my heart gently.
The poetry of his prose is beautiful. The scenes he describes popup in your imagination and make it all seem like a really lovely rose-tinted reality.
The book does have a somewhat uncharacteristic ending. Go read it once, if possible, in your local library.