- Publisher: MAHAVEER (2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9350880652
- ISBN-13: 978-9350880654
- Package Dimensions: 17.8 x 12.2 x 2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #62,296 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
A Journey to the Center of the Earth Paperback – 2013
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
THE BOOK IS A PAPER BACK AND IN NEW CONDITION SAME DAY SHIPMENT
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The book itself is a 5 star adventure/science/fantasy classic written in 1864. Language did not change much since 1864 so it may be easily read by the new young readers. The science of course did change a lot but good adventure remains a good adventure. The moving pictures add extra dimension to the book and extra magic to the fantastic tale. I hope “kindle in motion” and Mr. Eng will breathe a new life to other classic books.
About the novel: I had not read this novel before but at the end I adored it. After many books with the now standard clichés of pessimistic narration with the mandatory corny romance I felt the focus in mystery and exploring quite alluring. The beginning has a detective vibe with an encrypted message found inside a rare book by Snorri Sturluson; the journey of discovery that this short message provokes takes us to exotic countries and inside the Snæfellsjökull volcano, and beyond, inside the Earth... the different personalities of the three characters are charming and the discoveries transmit the epic happiness to reach places others have not reached.
All in all the places referenced in this book (I mean the ones we can travel to) doesn't exist anymore in the narrated way: now they are standardized touristic destinations. Instead to get lost in the pages of this classic is an experience of traveling to them in a way one should experiment at least once.