- Actors: Josh Hutcherson, Dwayne Johnson, Michael Caine
- Directors: Brad Peyton
- Format: Anamorphic, Dolby
- Language: English
- Number of discs: 1
- Rated: U (Universal)
- Studio: Warner Bros.
- Run Time: 94 minutes
- Customer Reviews: 196 customer ratings
- ASIN: B0095FRMNE
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,948 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
Journey 2: Mysterious Island (3D)
Return Policy on this item
All items in Movies & TV shows are non returnable. Learn more
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (3): Prime Savings : 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 650 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with HDFC Bank Debit Card (Non-EMI) transactions. Here's how
- Prime Savings : 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with HDFC Bank Credit Card and Credit/Debit EMI transactions. Here's how
- Prime Savings : Flat 5% Reward Points + 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000) Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Cashback: Get daily rewards up to ₹100 on shopping with Amazon Pay UPI.Check your eligibility here Here's how
- Partner Offers (3): Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
As the title depicts Journey 2 The Mysterious Island movie is filled with mystique, adventure and action. Directed by Brad Peyton, it is a sequel to the 2008 film Journey to the Center of the Earth. Sean Anderson (Josh Hutcherson) and Hank (Dwayne Johnson) embark on a new journey that begins when Sean receives a coded signal from his grandfather which leads them to three books Treasure Island, Gullivers Travel and his own Mysterious Island. They use the individual maps from the books to decipher the Jules Vernes codes and decide to head out in the search of this mysterious island. Will they find this island? What is in store from them? Catch all the exciting adventures in the Journey 2 The Mysterious Island full movie.
The Journey 2 The Mysterious Island 3D movie gains pace as Hank helps him decode the message. With the help of one of the locals Gabato and his teenage daughter Kalani, all of them commence their journey when their helicopter crashes in the Pacific. When they wake up, they realize that they are on an island. While all big animals are small in size, the smaller critters are enlarged on the island. What follows are the troubles they encounter during their sojourn, facing hurdles and danger. Will they be able to escape from this strange yet beautiful island? Would they find Alexander and the legendary Nautilus who would be the only one who could get them out of this sinking island? Find out in Journey 2 The Mysterious Island Blu Ray.
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
je le recommande vivement !
Merci Amazon et les ventes flash :)
Belle image malgré tout
In the time since his first adventures, Sean (Josh Hutcherson, the only returning cast member) has become a Jules Vern fanatic. Which is why he immediate recognizes a code he's gotten made of character names from Jules Vern books. Along with his step-father Hank (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson), he deciphers it and discovers it gives clues to The Mysterious Island. Sean is convinced that it came from his grandfather.
Eventually, he and Hank set out to find the island. They hire Gabato (Luis Guzman) and his daughter Kailani (Vanessa Hudgens) to fly them out there on a helicopter. Will they find Sean's grandfather (Michael Caine)? And can they get off the island again?
Okay, let's be perfectly honest here. This is a kid's movie. Yes, it has action and fantasy and plenty of comedy. But kids are the target audience. Now, that's definitely not a bad thing in my book. I fully recognize this is not "great" cinema. It's designed to be a fun movie, and I enjoyed it as such.
The story is not terribly original, although I got so caught up in it that I really didn't care. There is plenty of action to keep you engaged even if you know how it is going to end.
And I can't forget the comedy. The packed theater I saw the movie with laughed multiple times, and it sounded to me like the adults were laughing as much as the kids.
The film is filled with special effects as well, and they worked. While I knew what I was seeing couldn't be real, I believed it. While the movie was released in 3D, I didn't see it that way, so I can't comment on how that looked.
And the acting worked, too. It's not outstanding, but it gets the job done without pulling you out of the film. Plus we learn that Dwayne Johnson has a pretty decent singing voice.
There were some flaws to the film. There was a certain level of cheese, especially most of the times the film tried to do anything serious. And on that note, the interpersonal relationships were so predictable it was a bit annoying.
Then there's Luis Guzman. I'm not sure if it was him or how his character was written, but I found him more annoying than funny. I would have preferred the movie without his character.
I realize that I will be in the minority for enjoying Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, but I found it to be entertaining. And since that's all it was really aiming for, I think it succeeded.
The movie was another story. The writers and the director attempted to combine three classic books into one film (Gulliver's Travel, 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, and Treasure Island). They pitifully created a plot without building character depth or a scientific value. Therefore, the story was a pitiful mishmash of action scenes and poor comedic timing. I was reminded of Spider-Man 3 from this film.