- Shop with balance and get Rs.50 cashback per customer. Minimum order Rs.250 (excluding delivery fees). Applicable on orders paid using only Amazon Pay balance during Feb 16 - 28. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
Includes Import Fees Deposit
+ 496.03 Delivery charge
Jonathan Livingston Seagull: The Complete Edition Paperback – 21 Oct 2014
|Paperback, 21 Oct 2014||
Audio CD, Audiobook, CD, Unabridged
Audio Cassette, Audiobook, Unabridged, Import
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Richard Bach, a former USAF pilot, gypsy barnstormer, and airplane mechanic, is the author of fifteen books. This, his fourth book, spent two years on the New York Times bestseller list and has continued to inspire millions for decades. His website is RichardBach.com.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This small novella of hardly a hundred pages is of four parts today. Initially, it had just three parts. The first part tells the story of Jonathan Livingston Seagull who wants to fly high. Instead of being busy in looking for food all the time he devotes his time to fly. Somehow, seagulls are not meant to fly, they don’t have the wingspan required for excellent flight. So Jonathan Livingston tries and fails every day. Finally, his flock banishes him. Still refusing to give up he learns a few tricks of flight when suddenly two more seagulls join him and start teaching him more about the flight.
In the second part, Jonathan Livingston learns to fly and gets acquainted with a new flock of seagulls. His new teachers teach him and he proves to be a gifted learner. In the third part finally, his teacher says this was all he can learn at this level and for further, he will have to move on. Jonathan Livingston is advised to keep working on love. Slowly he understands that forgiveness is the key to next level. Finally, he sheds all enmity towards his old flock which banished him. He takes up students from amongst them and starts grooming new fliers.
The book used to end here, but in 2012 Richarch Bach faced a near death experience and he felt the need to add a fourth concluding part to the continual story of Jonathan Livingston Seagull. In the year 2014 his other book Illusions II also came and this book, Jonathan Livingston Seagull found an added chapter. Even after the addition of few new pages, it’s still about a hundred pages. It's motivational and at the same time philosophical.
For someone looking for a book which can be read and then re-read, I would suggest Jonathan Livingston Seagull. It’s a must read for everyone looking for meanings in life.
Try reading this book and it will hardly take 30 minutes. You will discover that you do have potential. It's just you need to remind self and give try once more.
1) Society is mediocre.It will try to bring u down based on its ideals.But, u must drive urself to ur destiny.Low points may come, but u can overcome them.
2) Sometimes, u may not be appreciated for ur achievements, but instead u may be ridiculed.It may be a shock 2 u. Still persevere and don't feel sorry, just go according to ur passion, as people r not able to see what u r seeing.Ur pain and sacrifice gives u the value.Hope and purpose gives u the drive.Problems are indispensable.
3) U may sometimes become an outcast in the society but, remember that it is just a chapter in ur life. Once u achieve, gradually people will accept u and will follow u.
4) Ur aim must be to be perfect which is a lifelong process. A very few people would be in that league.
5) Ur future depends on what u r doing now. If u don't do/learn anything; there would b no change in the future.
6) V have unlimited potential. Break the chains of ur thoughts( Limits ) and know ur potential.
7) Everything works if u know what u r doing.
8) Slowly ur success would b seen. Once u achieve, try helping those who desire to come out of their mediocrity. Forgive those u once made fun of u. They don't know what u r doing.
9) Never lose hope on urself. Everything which limits u have to b put aside.
10) Sometimes the leaders of the elders would not accept u and ur ideas. They may even desire for some trouble for u. They may create problems for u.But, don't lose heart, let ur actions speak for u. Success is the best revenge and vengeance.
11) There is no difference between anyone.The only thing which sets one apart is the amount of work he has put .
12) The most difficult job is to convince someone.But, still c the good in everyone and help them c it in themselves.
13) V may have a mentor, but v r our own teachers.
14) Don't believe what u always c: U may most probably c limitations and the reasons for not doing something. Look with ur own understanding and find what u already know: u will c the way to fly :)
15) A phase would come when u have proved ur point and u would b the new trendsetter. People will follow u, they will copy u: They wish to b like u. But, because the process of being their perfect self is difficult and requires effort, they will follow the current trend because that is more comfortable and easier. As a result, they will lose focus on the process and instead would focus on u. They may worship u , they may make great fables and stories u etc. U will b considered as some God. U will b made into a ritual & again people would to mediocrity of that time. Now, if someone of that time rejects or doubts or tries to bring his point: he becomes an outcast. U indeed need courage to flow against the mediocrity stream.
16) A very few people who usually become outcasts come out of the trap and bring some change in the world. The rest will follow the comfortable path.
A must buy.
Basically its an allegory which defines the process of mastery through the story of a seagull. Very motivational and touching. It doesnt portray mastery as the end goal. It goes way beyond that. This is what other books lack about subjects like these.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
But now as I read, can relate to every single word written.Read more