- Reading level: 4 - 7 years
- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: LB Kids (1 September 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0316126446
- ISBN-13: 978-0316126441
- Product Dimensions: 20.3 x 1.3 x 26.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,73,274 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Includes Import Fees Deposit
+ 496.03 Delivery charge
The Jolly Postman Hardcover – 1 Sep 2001
Fantasy, Science Fiction & Horror Books for ChildrenExplore wide range of books that not only offer adventure but also ignite the little ones’ imagination. Shop now
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (4): Rs 100 cashback on Rs 499 or more for purchases made through Amazon Assistant. Click on the link - (Amazon Asistant) Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Husband and wife team Allan and Janet Ahlberg created many popular picture books for young readers, including the Jolly Postman series and Each Peach Pear Plum, which was awarded the Kate Greenaway Medal for distinguished illustration in the UK.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I love that they are derivative of fairy tales and their characters - stories and people which kids will already be aware of. As a kid I remember it introduced the idea to me of putting these characters in new situations. That they lived lives other than just those we had read in the original stories. In other words, it taught me a way to be creative.
This is 5 star material, but I took off one star because the original version of this book was smaller but the pages were made of a hardier card stock material. The book is now bigger but the pages are made of thin paper which may even be thinner than some other picture books you will find. This seems a horrible choice, since this is a great book meant to be loved for years and maybe even passed down (if your mother will part with it!). I recently found a used older version in a shop and it was in great condition but was missing one of the letters, so thus I bought my new copy here at Amazon.
The Postman delivers letters, folded neatly and stuffed in envelopes between pages. They are written to and/or by well known fairytale characters. Goldilocks writes an apology letter to the three bears. The witch gets an advertisement for "witching tools". And there are four more letters, all written in whimsical ways that will tickle the funny bone of children from 4-10 years old. Next year I will get the Christmas version of this book. Great illustrations and a fun concept
Since I got a copy almost 30 years ago, they have made some cost cutting measures and use cheaper envelopes and letters, but it is still tons of fun to read with an imaginative young child.
The book chronicles the day of a postman delivering letters to a host of popular children's story characters including the Big Bad Wolf, 3 Bears, and a Wicked Witch. At each stop, you can physically take the letter out of the book and read it. It is a totally unique and fun reading experience. Not to miss if you have an age appropriate kiddo at home!