Junior Scientist Water Turbine
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Do - it - Yourself kit is to construct your own Water Turbine
- A water turbine is a rotary engine that takes energy from moving water.
- LED is 3v hence it is for demonstration purpose only and ideal for use in low-voltage applications
- The framework is made of Foam Material and other handmade parts. The main physical properties of foam rubber are generalized as being "Lightweight to float in water and Waterproof i.e. Resistance to liquids, repels water and gives best result. This product is designed for a demonstration purpose and single use. Apply your creativity. Assembly manual is provided with the kit.
- The project is for demonstration and informational purposes only. All of Junior Scientist products are unique and handmade. We work by designs and Endeavour to create like products. However the very nature of being individually designed by hand gives raw finishing of the projects since it should look that students have created on its own.
Please note: Quantity Limits and return policy on this item
The order quantity for this product is limited to 4 units per customer. Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Please read about our Returns policy by visiting www.amazon.in/returnspolicy for more information
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Do - it - Yourself kit is to construct your own Water Turbine OBSERVATION: As soon as we allow the water flow to pass through, the wheel of the turbine starts rotating. As the wheel rotates you at the same time you can notice that the LED glows. WYH: This happens because of water energy gets converted into electrical energy. There is immense potential energy in the stored stagnant water of the dam. When the water of the dam is allowed to flow through, the wheel of the turbine starts rotating and the potential energy of stored gets converted into kinetic energy and then into mechanical energy. Due to the rotation of the wheel the big pulley connected with the axial of the wheel also rotates. As the big pulley is connected with the small pulley at the axial of the DC motor the small pulley also moves which makes the axial of the DC motor to rotate. Because of the rotation of the axial of the motor the electric energy gets generated as a result of which the LED connected with it glows. With this the mechanical energy of rotating wheel gets converted into the electrical energy. This is how the water turbine works and electric energy is produced at the hydro electric power station.