- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Pvt. Ltd; 1 edition (15 February 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9789381345139
- ISBN-13: 978-9381345139
- ASIN: 9381345139
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 2.4 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #24,142 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 81.00 Delivery charge
+ 85.00 Delivery charge
+ FREE Delivery
Interrogating My Chandal Life: An Autobiography of a Dalit Paperback – Import, 15 Feb 2018
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
An inspirational story of a refugee, he was so poor that his sister died of starvation and his father from lack of treatment. He only learn to read and write as an adult when he was jailed on charges of being a nexallite. Today he is an award winning author, popular not just in his native Bengal but across India. Byapari pens down his own story with anger of the others who continue to live in abject poverty and as objects of social prejudice.(DNA, 25 March 2018)
The book follows Byapari’s journey from the partition that forced hus family to relocate to Calcutta, through the tumults of the Naxal movement and the Baster revolution headed by Shankar Guha Neogi-both of which Byapari was part of –to his rise as an established author.
Byapri’s investigation into his identity is layered .Besides his cause identity –Byapari is a Namashudra- he has also been a refugee, a Bangal, a Naxal, a communist, an activist, a writer and so on. Byapari autobiography talks of things that have been written about many times. But the voices from within are few and far between, even these rarely find their way into the so-called mainstream.
(THE TELEGRAPH, 22 Jun 2018)
About the Author
Manoranjan Byapari has worked at many kinds of jobs and also been writer-in residence at Alumnus Software, Calcutta. He never went to school or university. He is a popular writer in the literary magazines and in 2014 received the Suprabha Majumdar prize awarded by the Paschimbanga Bangla Akademi. He was awarded the 24 Ghanta Ananya Samman in 2013. He and his writings are well known as he speaks about Dalit issues in Hindi, becoming proficient in the language while he was with the Mukti Morcha of the late Shankar Guha Neogi in Chhattisgarh.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.