- Paperback: 82 pages
- Publisher: Writers of the Round Table Press (16 July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 161066020X
- ISBN-13: 978-1610660204
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 0.5 x 25.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #20,220 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 70.00 Delivery charge
Influence: Science and Practice: The Comic Paperback – 16 Jul 2012
The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 units per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Save Extra with 2 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First things first . This is not Kindle friendly . You cannot pinch out on a Kindle
Hence I read it on Mac Kindle
I would recommend people first read the original book by Cialdini - Influence: Science and Practice as that talks about 6 incredibly powerful principles of influence. 1 ) Liking 2 ) Commitment & Consistency 3 ) Scarcity 4 ) Authority 5 ) Reciprocation & 6 ) Social Proof in such amazing details that you really soak it all up
Post that I recommend people read this as it is
- a good repetition. Very important to move information from your short term memory to your long term memory
- fun :)
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Once readers learn about these 6 categories--what Cialdini's calls the "weapons of influence "--they'll start to see those methods in everyday life. Advertising, marketing, day to day interactions. And as the author points out, not every usage of these principles are bad. But without being aware of our natural tendency to take mental shortcuts (for the very legitimate reason of preserving our limited decision-making abilities), we can fall prey to those people with fewer scruples who use our psychological blind spots to our detriment.
If you're at all curious about how to better guard against unwelcome outside influences, you'll learn something from Robert Cialdini's work!
All those important things written, it's a book with decent content. But it's not worth US$7 for inadequate, barely readable content.