- Hardcover: 448 pages
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster India (10 June 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8193355245
- ISBN-13: 978-8193355244
- Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 3.8 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 18 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #24,913 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 108.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 99.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 110.00 Delivery charge
Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature Hardcover – 10 Jun 2017
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback (3): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days from order. Here's how
- 50% up to Rs.150 back using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Get 1500 Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check your eligibility here! Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
A timely and refreshing tribute to Indira Gandhi in the centennial year of her birth. – Down to Earth Magazine
This is a book about India, a beautiful but fractured land. It is also a book about a multi-layered complex leader who had her share of encomiums and controversies. As one closes the book, one is swept by a sense of nostalgia, of missed opportunities, but also a sense of fulfillment and an inner conviction that the landscapes of India and the harried denizens who inhabit these landscapes will somehow survive and will continue to give a measure of joy to our descendants. – Swarajya Magazine
What an impressive book. Extensive research, conversations with people who worked with Indira Gandhi, and review of her own notes…Jairam Ramesh has really done a commendable job on a less-known subject. –The Sunday Guardian
Jairam has beautifully structured his narrative, lucidly deconstructing a deeper ethos and teleology that defined Mrs. Gandhi’s approach to nature and environmental issues. – Deccan Chronicle
‘Unconventional biography’ makes for a good weekend read. – The Hindu Business Line
This book has an important message for policymakers: The “grow now, pay later” model will not work. – Livemint.com
The book is extremely well researched, drawing on many references, some of them never revealed before… - Catch News
"Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature" showcases how Indira Gandhi led India to the path of conservation and made economic development a priority. - DNA
This is a rare book, especially because of the way the written word in the now dying art form of the personal letter speaks to us across the decades… Throughout the book, there are charming quotes about the natural world from a relentless letter-writer…. Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature comes as a whiff of fresh air because it explores a relatively under-appreciated dimension of her public life – that of a naturalist. – Mahesh Rangarajan, Biblio
About the Author
Jairam Ramesh, a member of Parliament, has held key ministerial portfolios between 2006 and 2014—rural development, drinking water and sanitation, environment and forests, power and commerce. He has authored a number of best-selling books including Old History, New Geography: Bifurcating Andhra Pradesh (2016), To the Brink and Back: India's 1991 Story (2015), Legislating for Justice: The 2013 Land Acquisition Law (2015), Green Signals: Ecology, Growth and Democracy in India (2015), Making Sense of Chindia: Reflections on China and India (2005) and Kautilya Today: Jairam Ramesh on a Globalising India (2002).
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 18 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Compliment Jairam Ramesh for not only a scholarly exposition, but truly bringing out the true Indiraji which many of our countrymen never knew and appreciated.
On a personal note being a birdwatcher, wildlifer with a passion for being in nature, I could relate so well with IG the ardent naturalist.
Adit Jain, New Delhi
Some of the images are beautiful, the most striking being that of Smt. Gandhi with a tiger, completing her image as Durga!
Also, is having an illegible handwriting a must to be a national leader? #FoodForThought