INDIANS MUST KNOW: Let’s Be Proud Paperback – 21 July 2019
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Bank Offer (2): 10% Instant discount with AU Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- Get 5% up to Rs. 1500 Instant Discount on HSBC Credit Card EMI transactions Here's how
- Cashback (3): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid only for select customers on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Customers who read this book also read
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 159 g
- Paperback : 140 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1645872955
- ISBN-13 : 978-1645872955
- Dimensions : 12.7 x 0.91 x 20.32 cm
- Publisher : Notion Press; 1st edition (21 July 2019)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #41,766 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When I ordered the book from Amazon, I thought it will have some typical short stories about India. But when I finished reading the first story, I realized how much I have missed knowing about our country. There are a lot of real stories of Indians that we have no idea about.
British historians, as well as Indian historians, have shared with us the stories that don’t bring pride in our hearts for our country. Instead, we are narrated stories that make us feel sorry about India.
In schools, we are taught about Mughal emperors, whose contribution to humanity is of no use. We aren’t taught about the kings of India who turned the country into a gold mine.
Alexander—the not so great
This is the first story in the book. We all know Alexander the Great, but do we know the name of the Indian king who defeated him in the first battle itself?
At least I didn’t know his name. He was King Porus. But we aren’t told stories of our great kings like Porus.
I was so much touched by the words in this book, that how our media shows us only the negative news, and deliberately keeps away the positive things. Western things are called ‘modern’ while our own culture is termed ‘outdated’.
Untold stories of India
I strongly believe that EVERY INDIAN MUST READ THIS BOOK and know the untold stories of India.
In the Indians Must Know book, there is a total of 14 short stories based on true events of India’s incredible past. The book is short and can be read in even one-sit. Author Shrinivas Hinge has narrated the stories in a very simple yet captative manner. Apart from the first story, the book has stories about Mighty Vijaynagaram, The First Emperor of India, Kannadi Queens, Women against British, and more.
Let’s be proud
I really loved reading all the stories in the book and highly recommend it to everyone. Because if we don’t respect our real heroes, our monuments, and our culture, no one else will respect them either. It’s high time to feel proud of our magnificent culture and glorious past.
I think every Indian should read this book, all content is well written and constructed to understand well.
Kudos to Shrinivas who had done lot of research and study to put things in this book!
I would gift this book to every patriot I know!