- Paperback: 696 pages
- Publisher: McGraw Hill Education; 4th edition (1 July 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781259064128
- ISBN-13: 978-1259064128
- ASIN: 1259064123
- Product Dimensions: 18.3 x 3.3 x 24 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3,148 customer reviews
Indian Polity 4th Edition (Old Edition) Paperback – Jul 2013
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Superb, must read book for civil service aspirants This a very good book. Everything is very well structured. You don't need to make notes. But don't just read from the start. Read the books by correlating the chapters. For ex- read President, then Vice- President, then go for Governor. Read Prime minister, council of ministers then go for CM and state council of ministers. --Moti Prakash Panda Apr 16, 2014
An extremely well-written and a highly useful book This book is one of the must reads for those preparing for civil services / other state services examination. The book is very methodically structured and the chapters are short and concise. The book covers among, inter alia, the chapters on Parliament and various Committees which I found particularly useful. The author has also tried to incorporate as much of comparison between the constitutions of select States as possible and to me, I believe, he has done justice to the cause --Abhishek Kumar Dec 26, 2013
Awesome book , Must buy friends. Go for it. I say that this new edition is really good. Everything is described perfect point vise & every topic is clearly described in it by M. Laxmikanth. You'll not get bored or confused while you read it. ('_') Some Updated features in this edition. 1) Total 71 Chapters & 14 Appendices covering the entire political & constitutional specturm. 2) Invaluable reference for students of law , political science & public administration. 3) Practice questions on Indian polity for preliminary & main examination for UPSC. 4) All exiciting chapters updated with additional information. 5) The other thing is 8 new chapters & 3 new appendices. This is outstanding book , not only for UPSC examination but for the students who want to know about constitution & structure of India & Rights. Other thing is M. laxmikant is always come with something new & this book is done it again & it's awesome. Go for it with full confidence. --Rohan Kanhai Aug 8, 2013
About the Author
The author of Indian Polity, Mr. M. Laxmikanth, has to his credit a degree in Political Science from the Osmania University. He has first-hand experience in teaching aspiring civil servants due to his own IAS coaching academy, Laxmikanth's IAS. Apart from Indian Polity, the author has also written Governance In India For UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination and Public Administration.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
3,148 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- New chapters have been added to 5th edition :
1) Parliamentary Group
2) Judicial Review
3) Judicial Activism
5) Niti Aayog
6) Voting behaviour
7) Election Laws
- 4 new appendices have been added too
- Inclusion of Previous years questions of Polity from:
2014, 2015 and 2016 Prelims
2013, 2014, 2015 Mains
-Essentially the book is more comprehensive, it is visibly THICKER now (Check the pictures attached) and is more relevant for the latest trends of UPSC (given the unpredictability)
- Language of the book is extremely simple and straight forward and it still feels like you are being spoon fed by the author. This is great for students who are preparing on their own.
I recommend this book to first time buyers as well as those who have the 3rd/4th edition of this book.
Else, you can take photocopies of the additional material from Delhi bookshops. But must update the earlier version.
Thanks for giving for precious time in reading this review.
In the xerox form of the book contains jumbled page and doubleprint you may see. Fortunately I don't suffer from the jumbled and reprieted book. But the page quality is so poor.
But the contents written by the author is like bible of Indian polity.