- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Kavin Mukhil Publications; Fifth Edition edition (1 August 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8192516741
- ISBN-13: 978-8192516745
- Product Dimensions: 26 x 1.2 x 18 cm
- Average Customer Review: 129 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,746 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Indian Economy Key Concepts Paperback – 1 Aug 2017
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Published by Kavin Mukhil Publications (an associate of Ganesh ias Academy). In this FIFTH EDITION, consequent to introduction of GST the chapter of Public Finance is updated. WPI is updated based on 2011-12 base year series. Mind mapping is an important feature added in this Edition.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Before going through it, please do read NCERTs for class 8-12 (excluding NCERT class 12 Microeconomics).
1. The binding of the book is good.
2. The pages are of good quality.
3. The printing is also great.
4. The font size is medium-large.
5. The language used in this book is not that difficult as that of Ramesh Singh.So especially for those who are the novice in the field of economics.
6. The author has explained the concepts so smoothly that you will understand the concepts quite easily.
7. You don't have to memorize the things as understanding has been given more importance in this book.
8. Not much factual data. Ramesh Singh has around 800 pages and most of those pages are completely useless. This book of Sankarganesh has around 200 pages and once you complete these 200 pages, you don't have to worry about anything else. Only go through the 'Economic Survey' of the current year and find some numerical data from some websites and reports. That's it. You won't need anything else for UPSC. So the dilemma of choice (what to read and what not to read) is not going to trouble you at all.
9. The concepts are explained with examples which contain numerical values. This makes the concepts more clear in your mind. Moreover, it enables you to use these concepts while you reading the newspapers and magazines.
1. Factual data has not been provided here. Only concepts are provided. So you will have to bear the pain of finding the data from government reports and websites or from some other book.
2. You can't understand things properly if you haven't gone through the NCERTs once at least. (Of course, the author is not guilty here. He has tried to explain the things in a way as simple as possible but Economy is a subject which in itself is somewhat more conceptual. So NCERTs will build your base and you can make your building of further preparation after that with the help of this book.)
Final comment- Do read this book for Economy. Your concepts will become very strong and you will be able to start using these concepts for CSE mains GS paper 3. This is a very good book and it's worth both your time and money.
Delivery was prompt and quick( via FedEx). Quality of pages is also very good . ( Do check the contents before you send a copy. Be responsible).
Whatever I read is given in very simple and very good book to have. You will understand the concepts clear . The one star is for those missing pages.
See if you are a student of non economic background and want to understand the terminologies then you definitenly shouldn't buy this 5th edition. It will confuse you to the hell. So better you should take SLEEPYCLASSES economy lectures..it's the bestest i found. I have seen 2-3 videos of mrunal economy and didn't find it interesting and engaging much.. may be other videos are interesting but i haven't seen them fully because it wasn't engaging for me..but sleepyclasses are engaging one..I'm not a sponsor of sleepyclasses. But i want to help those people out there like me who don't understand economy at all and started preparing for UPSC 2019 now in september 2018.
Most recent customer reviews