- Paperback: 632 pages
- Publisher: McGraw Hill Education; Second edition (25 October 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9789387067547
- ISBN-13: 978-9387067547
- ASIN: 9387067548
- Product Dimensions: 20 x 14 x 4 cm
- Customer Reviews: 1,281 customer ratings
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#3,020 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #88 in UPSC Civil Services
Indian Art and Culture Paperback – 25 October 2017
Save Extra with 3 offers
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (4): Get FLAT 5% BACK with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime members. Flat 3% BACK for non-Prime members. Here's how
- Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
It's a lovely book. Not only the content, but the print quality and overall aesthetics is also brilliant. You'd love the feel of the book in your hands. Most importantly, the content quality is amazing, comprehensive yet focused. A must have. --By Pankaj Kasanaon 7 January 2018
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Save more on book combosThis book is part of a collection. Unlock additional offers by shopping for the complete collection Shop now
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Not the best book in the market.
The arrangement of the text is theme wise unlike 'An Introduction to Fine Arts - NCERT' which presents the content chronologically. For example, the first chapter is about Indian Architecture from ancient to modern times, the next chapter about Indian Paintings and so on. The Fine Arts NCERT presents all that happened in the pre-Harappan times in a chapter with the next one dealing with Harappan period. I find this presentation useful from two perspectives -
1. Its easier to memorise
2. Questions are asked in this pattern.
This is a one stop solution to Indian Art & Culture for all exams. No more scanning the web for NIOS material, browsing for indiaculture.nic.in or CCRT. Believe me, I have done that. And I wouldn't be writing this review if I had not cleared the UPSC prelims in 2019.