- Hardcover: 208 pages
- Publisher: Phaidon Press (11 November 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0714869961
- ISBN-13: 978-0714869964
- Product Dimensions: 28.6 x 2.5 x 38.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #65,994 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 100.00 Delivery charge
+ 100.00 Delivery charge
India Hardcover – 11 Nov 2015
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"One of the most eminent photographers in the world, McCurry creates timeless and evocative color photographs that leave the viewer mesmerized by whatever subject or scene he frames."—complex.com on Steve McCurry
"McCurry can make the hellish look heavenly - incredible photographs that change the way we look at our world - haunting and provocative images."—The Sunday Times Magazine on Steve McCurry
"McCurry's colorful work shows an India never before seen."—Time.com
"Fascinating daily scenes and landscapes are sure to inspire."—Sunday Times Travel Magazine
"A world of almost make-believe... Arresting."—Time.com
"Intoxicating India: breathtaking pictures of the colour and chaos of the world?s most vibrant continent. Incredible... A photographic love letter to the mesmerising nation... Printed in stunning resolution in a giant coffee table format, Steve McCurry is the perfect way to escape to the enchanting nation."—Mail online
"Iconic images [...] taken in 40 years of visiting India, showcasing the people and extraordinary settings of one of the most spiritual countries on Earth."—Guardian online
"A world of almost make-believe... Arresting."—The Hindustan Times
"McCurry gives a genuine panorama of the country... The book?s large format and excellent reproduction means McCurry?s distinctive, vivid colour style is celebrated here in all its glory."—Outdoor Photography
"Nobody captures better the dynamism and dysfunction of India today than the celebrated Magnum photographer Steve McCurry... Mesmerizing pictures... McCurry embraces all strata of society in his panoramic sweep [...] but is never overtly judgmental, just an observer of everyday life... He turns the mundane into the extraordinary."—Tatler
"An insider?s India... What [McCurry] captures in several photographs are those sights, both quirky and bizarre, that are so familiar to the Indian eye, the chuckle-inducing humour in everyday situations."—Mint
"Reveals the extreme contrasts of the world?s second most populous country... Humour and tragedy, vulgarity and spirituality sit side by side."—The Times
"India is a lavish large format book, beautifully printed... And handsomely bound."—New York Journal of Books
"Words cannot do justice to the India that he has captured."—The Citizen
"[L]ushly colored images of people, places and events across the Indian subcontinent."—CBSnews.com
"Everyday life in extraordinary settings."—TheBodEdit
About the Author
Steve McCurry (b.1950) has been one of the most iconic voices in contemporary photography for more than 30 years, with scores of magazine covers, over a dozen books, and countless exhibitions around the world to his name. A member of Magnum Photos, he has created stunning images in six continents and countless countries. His work spans conflicts, vanishing cultures, ancient traditions and contemporary culture alike – yet always retains the human element. McCurry has been recognized with the Robert Capa Gold Medal and National Press Photographers Award.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The pictures are breathtaking and a true testament to Steve McCurry's genius.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?