- Paperback: 560 pages
- Publisher: Wadsworth Publishing Co Inc; 7th Revised edition edition (1 March 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0495007498
- ISBN-13: 978-0495007494
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 2.5 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #5,65,290 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
India: Government and Politics in a Developing Nation Paperback – Import, 1 Mar 2006
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
1. The Globalization of the Development Challenge. 2. The Legacies of National History. 3. The Framework: Institutions of Governance. 4. The Challenge of Federalism. 5. Interest Politics in India. 6. Parties and Politics: The Congress System and Its Decline. 7. Political Parties: The Emergence of Coalition Politics and the Rise of the BJP. 8. Elections and Political Behavior. 9. Policy and Performance: The Politics of Development. 10. Policy and Performance: National Security and Foreign Policy. Index.
About the Author
Robert L. Hardgrave, Jr. is the Louann and Larry Temple Centennial Professor Emeritus in the Humanities, Departments of Government and Asian Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. He is a specialist in comparative politics, with an area focus on the domestic and international politics of South Asia. Working principally in India, he has conducted research on a wide range of topics, including ethnic/linguistic conflict, social movements, and politics and social change. In addition INDIA: GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS IN A DEVELOPING NATION, first published in 1970, his books include THE DRAVIDIAN MOVEMENT; THE NADARS OF TAMILNAD: THE POLITICAL CULTURE OF A COMMUNITY IN CHANGE; INDIA UNDER PRESSURE: PROSPECTS FOR POLITICAL STABILITY; AND ESSAYS IN THE POLITICAL SOCIOLOGY OF SOUTH INDIA. His most recent book, though not in political science, addresses his long interest in India: A PORTRAIT OF THE HINDUS: BALTHAZAR SOLVYNS & THE EUROPEAN IMAGE OF INDIA 1760-1824. Professor Hardgrave is senior policy adviser on South Asia for Political Risk Services, Inc., and has served as a consultant on South Asia for the U.S. Department of State. Stanley A. Kochanek is a professor of political science at Pennsylvania State University. He has had extensive field experience in India as a Senior Fulbright Fellow and a research fellow of the American Institute of Indian Studies. He has published several books and numerous research articles on the politics of South Asia and is primarily interested in the role of political parties and interest groups in political systems.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|