Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Inateck 2.5" USB 3.0 HDD External Case with USB 3.0 Cable 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD, Black (FE2005)
|Price:||2,066.00 FREE Delivery.|
|You Save:||1,933.00 (48%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- Compatible operating systems with Windows 2000/Windows Me/Windows 98/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4 above; Backward compatible with USB 2.0 /1.1 connections
- USB3.0 transfer interface, maximum capacity reach 5Gbps; Support hot-swap, Plug &play; Blue and red power supply/HDD LED activity indicator
- Automatic sleep and spin down mode, power saving and sustainable, effective protection of your drive, sleep mode entered after 10 minutes of data access inactivity; Tool free, No Reboot and Additional Driver is needed, easy to install and disassemble
- Suitable for 9.5mm and below thickness 2.5'' SATA HDD; Converts any 9.5mm & 7mm 2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD into an external hard drive for ultimate mobility and convenience
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Features ABS plastic material, contemporary and reliable design, practical and easy to use, exquisite workmanship provides excellent performance with Top-grade Micron JMS567 chipset
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I decided to try it with a WD Scorpio HDD and write performance started at around 35MB/s then after a few seconds the blue led just flashes forever and the drive becomes unresponsive as with the SSD. I tried different USB 3.0 Ports and all with the same issue. My USB 3.0 controller is from Intel and Intel makes good stuff so this is strange. Other USB 3.0 devices work without issues on these same ports, this is the only device to malfunction.
The only way this thing works is on a USB 2.0 port or with a USB 2.0 cable where I get a whopping 30MB/s. So if you want to turn your SSD into a floppy disk then by all means get this FE2005 enclosure. I suggest getting the Samsung T1 Portable 250GB USB 3.0 External SSD (MU-PS250B/AM) instead of this Inateck trash.
UPDATE 2015/NOV/21: Inateck support was very good in helping me to resolve the issues with the FE2005. I think the JMicron chipset in the FE2005 has some compatibility issues with Intel USB 3.0 chipsets. The Inateck support person told me that the FE2002 (FEU3NS-1E) uses the ASMedia 1053e chipset and they sent the FE2002 to replace my FE2005. There was no print on the chipset so I could not visually confirm that it was in fact ASMedia 1053e as claimed by Inateck but I researched the vendor ID and product ID and at the very least the VID matched back to ASMedia brand. Thus far it would appear that the FE2002 works much better. Also from a functional perspective it was very difficult to plug the cable into the FE2005, it is much easier to plug the cable into the FE2002. I will update my rating from 1 star to 5 stars based on the performance of the FE2002 and the customer support offered by Inateck.
Works fine but after several months of use, the cable port doesn't hold the cable well. I have to be cautious about the drive disconnecting because of slight movements of the laptop or drive.
This product would probably get an A- in either category. Which is a pretty good compromise. While not quite as easy as the “toaster” style docks, it is still quite easy to put a drive in and to take one out. And once the drive is in, it provides good protection without requiring the use of a screwdriver, as is typically the case.
It is plastic. And if someone made something similar out of metal, that would probably be more thermally conductive and help keep the drive cooler. But it still seems to be a reasonable compromise.
This 'inotek solution is small and simple to use, Even though strong, I have some effort to slide the drawer open. Perhaps in time it will loosen up, though I can say that the plastic mold of the box, of material similar to ThinkPad bodies, is extremely precise. Being plastic there's less possibility of spark when handling drives. Open the box, slide the drive in, whether thicker or thinner drives, close the box, hook up the USB 3 cable and plug it into the computer to see the drive.