From the year 2013 onwards, AIEEE (earlier conducted by the CBSE) has been replaced by JEE Main (also conducted by CBSE), the single common engineering entrance in India. The first JEE Main was held in April, 2013. The IIT-JEE exam, in the same year, has been replaced by JEE Advanced to be conducted for 1.5 lakh students to be shortlisted on the basis of scores in JEE Main.
- Topic-wise Solved Papers are the most important resources must for every student for 3 reasons:
- They show what types of questions have been asked in the actual exam - knowledge/understanding/application/analytical; theoretical/numerical; Simple MCQ/Assertion-Reason/Passage based MCQ/Matching MCQ/Picture based/Statement based MCQ.
- They show the trend of the paper over the past years - helps in understanding the examiner's psyche to understand what to expect and what not to expect in the exam.
- To spot the most important and least important topics for the exam - the number of questions asked from each topic in the various years.
- This book "37 Years IIT-JEE Advanced + 13 yrs. JEE Main Topic-wise Solved Paper CHEMISTRY" is the first integrated book, which contains Topic-wise collection of past JEE Advanced (including 1978-2012 IIT-JEE and 2013-14 JEE Advanced) questions from 1978 to 2014 and past JEE Main (including 2002-2012 AIEEE and 2013-14 JEE Main) questions from 2002 to 2014.
- The book is divided into 20 chapters. The flow of chapters has been aligned as per the NCERT books.
- Each divides the questions into 9 categories (as per the NEW IIT pattern) - Fill in the Blanks, True/False, MCQ 1 correct, MCQ more than 1 correct, Passage Based, Assertion-Reason, Multiple Matching, Integer Answer MCQs and Subjective Questions.
- All the Screening and Mains papers of IIT-JEE have been incorporated in the book.
- Detailed solution of each and every question has been provided for 100% conceptual clarity of the student. Well elaborated detailed solutions with user friendly language provided at the end of each chapter.
- Solutions have been given with enough diagrams, proper reasoning to bring conceptual clarity.
- The students are advised to attempt questions of a topic immediately after they complete a topic in their class/school/home. The book contains around 3050 Milestone Problems in Chemistry.
Table of Contents:
1978-2012 IIT-JEE and 2013-14 JEE Advanced + 2002-2012 AIEEE and 2013-14 JEE Main divided into:
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter
- The s-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry—Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- The Solid State and Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics and Nuclear Chemistry
- General Principles of Isolation of Elements
- The p-Block Elements
- The d-, f-Block Elements and Co-ordination Compounds
- Halo alkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Carbohydrates, Amino Acids, Polymers and Miscellaneous Match the Following
- Analytical Chemistry
2014 JEE Advanced Question paper and Solutions
2014 JEE Main Question paper and Solutions