- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 3rd edition (5 November 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470392673
- ISBN-13: 978-0470392676
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 2.5 x 27.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,19,580 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
How Baking Works: Exploring the Fundamentals of Baking Science Paperback – 5 Nov 2010
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
An up-to-date, comprehensive guide to understanding and applying food science to the bakeshop
The essence of baking is chemistry, and anyone who wants to be a master pastry chef must understand the principles and science that make baking work. This book explains the whys and hows of every chemical reaction, essential ingredient, and technique, revealing the complex mysteries of bread loaves, pastries, and everything in between. Among other additions, How Baking Works, Third Edition includes an all-new chapter on baking for health and wellness, with detailed information on using whole grains, allergy-free baking, and reducing salt, sugar, and fat in a variety of baked goods. This detailed and informative guide features:
An introduction to the major ingredient groups, including sweeteners, fats, milk, and leavening agents, and how each affects finished baked goods
Practical exercises and experiments that vividly illustrate how different ingredients function
Photographs and illustrations that show the science of baking at work
End-of-chapter discussion and review questions that reinforce key concepts and test learning
For both practicing and future bakers and pastry chefs, How Baking Works, Third Edition offers an unrivaled hands-on learning experience.
About the Author
Paula Figoni is a food scientist and associate professor at the International Baking and Pastry Institute in the College of Culinary Arts at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island. She has more than ten years of experience in product development and food science at The Pillsbury Company and Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I really enjoyed how this book focuses on the science and understanding of baking and not just recipes. This is definitely a book for people who actually wants to learn what is baking and be a way better baker.
Thank you for this wonderful book!!