- Paperback: 106 pages
- Publisher: Kikobian (29 July 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0989711137
- ISBN-13: 978-0989711135
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 0.6 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 65.00 Delivery charge
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
How to Bake Without Baking Powder: Modern and Historical Alternatives for Light and Tasty Baked Goods Paperback – Import, 29 Jul 2016
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
About the Author
Leigh Tate and her husband Dan homestead five acres in the foothills of the southern Appalachian Mountains. Their goals are simpler, sustainable, more self-reliant living, and a return to agrarian values. In addition to critter keeping, gardening, food preservation, cheese making, and woodstove cookery, Leigh loves to write about homesteading. She is the author of 5 Acres & A Dream The Book: The Challenges of Establishing a Self-Sufficient Homestead, aneBook series entitled The Little Series of Homestead How-Tos, and Critter Tales: What my homestead critters have taught me about themselves, their world, and how to be a part of it. Her ongoing homestead adventures can be read at her blog, 5 Acres & A Dream The Blog.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Then she delves even deeper, looking at other ways you can get baked goods to rise without purchasing either baking powder or soda. Beaten eggs are a moderately mainstream method, but have you ever heard of the idea of soaking wood ashes and using that alkaline liquid along with an acid to puff your biscuits up? If the world comes to an end and baking soda is no longer available in the grocery store, you'll definitely want this book! And, in the meantime, the copious recipes at the end would be a really fun homesteading and/or homeschooling experiment to combine science with lunch. Actually, as I type this, just looking at the recipes is making me hungry....