2nd Expanded Edition: Home Fermentation for Beginners: Step by Step Recipes in helping you to become healthier and healthier each day!
Dr. David Williams, a biochemist and medical researcher have identified some specific factors that destroys good bacteria that weakens the body’s gastrointestinal health; some of the things he identified are:
* Consumption of too much carbohydrates – Most meals today consists majority of carbohydrates. From our hunter-gatherer ancestors who mostly ate meat and healthy fat, over the centuries, man began depending mostly on carb-rich foods to fill them up and to burn as energy. Paleo advocates would agree that our carb laden diet is making us sick. And they are absolutely true even when it comes to our gut health. Remember that when consumed, carbohydrates are converted into sugar. Pathogenic bacteria, or the type of bacteria that can cause illnesses feed on sugar.
* Food coloring – Most food manufacturers use food coloring in order to make their products more desirable. However, what is good for the eye might not be good for the body, particularly the gut. Some research show that food colorings contain antifungal and antibacterial properties that can disrupt the gut health.
* Using antibiotics – Although antibiotics can be considered as lifesavers because they help in eliminating diseases, they too “destroy” even the good bacteria in the body.
* Chlorinated drinking water – Yes, chlorinated water makes drinking water “safer” because it kills bad bacteria, however, chlorine also kills the good bacteria in the body which again, can disrupt the balance of the microflora in the gastrointestinal tract.
* Exposure to pollution – Pollutants that are present in our environment (heavy metals like mercury) are toxic to that body that also affects the gut health.
The things I mentioned above are just a few of the factors that causes our gut health to deteriorate. And if think about it, it’s as if it is almost impossible to reverse the damage of these things have done on our gut health. However, with proper planning, changing your diet and lifestyle, and educating yourself on how you can strengthen your digestive system, you have the power to repair the damage and boost your over-all health; and I will show you how you can do that in this book.