- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: Holy Cow Entertainment Pvt. Ltd; Second Edition edition (2013)
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00HPX41K0
- Package Dimensions: 26.4 x 17.8 x 1.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,78,677 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Holy Cow Entertainment Ravanayan Combo Paperback – 2013
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Once long ago, in ancient India, an epic war was fought between dharma and adharma. It shook an empire stretching across three worlds, ended a centuries-old reign, and marked the beginning of a new age. The victors are worshipped as gods to this day and stories of their greatness are part of everyday conversation. This is the story of the one who lost. Ravanayan is a bold new comic book series that retells Valmiki's classic epic from the point of view of its antagonist -- Ravana, king of Lanka, leader of the rakshasa nation, conqueror of worlds and vanquisher of gods. Creators Vijayendra Mohanty and Vivek Goel explore the values inherent in the Ramayana and retell the immortal story as something more than a simple tale of good triumphing over evil. This account of Ravana's life re-imagines much of what is held to be true about one of India's most loved tales and in the process, takes the reader on an enchanting quest for the very meanings of right and wrong, good and evil, dharma and adharma. This book is different from The Ramayana as the protagonist here is Ravana instead of Rama. The creators believe that the land of Lanka had prospered under the rule of the mighty Ravana, and as a result, they have come up with this book to pay their tribute to this influential ruler, addressing him as The Lord. This is the life story of the great grandson of Brahma, a perfect hybrid between a Sage and a Rakshasi. This is the life story of Ravana before he abducted Sita....this is the story of the one who lost!
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Why? You think I dont know how to evaluate a comic? Or the Art work? Or the content?
I have any only two topics, on the basis of which I am writing this review. 1. Story 2. Artwork
1. Story: Here, Ravana, actually Dasananda, "decides", upon the request of Brahma, to walk along the path of evil, COMPLETELY surrendering himself to the path of Fate..... Frankly, nothing is more pathetic than this.... Fate is nothing but a reflection of what we do. When we do something, Fate results from it and hence, we always see what we want to see, for we always do what we want to do. This entire collection, is nothing more than a Pathetic attempt to defile the glorious name that Ravana made for himself. Be it something really praiseworthy or henious, Ravana was always TOTALLY 100% incharge of his own fate, of his own decisions. To insult him, by saying he was going in accordance with fate, is an insult to Ramayana and an insult to the very Genius, Champion, Arrogant, Wise, Intelligent and Cunning PErsonality, that Ravana was...
Hence, this story, is Pathetic..
2. Artwork: Is the art work here... really THAT great? There are other comics out there that are WAYY better than this one, in terms of artwork... am surprised that this was able to attract so many readers... perhaps its the pathetic state of affairs that our generation has read the Ramayana so less, that they find works like these as totally new.... Read works of Devdutt Pattanaik in order to get a better idea about Hindu Mythology and culture. Not only are they interesting, as there are so many interesting stories, but it also caters to readers from any religion or culture....
So, in both these categories, these set of books were totally unable to capture either my attention, or my interest. And I will NOT be going for the series final book... There will be nothing there...
And this review is my review. Dont behave like children and make personal comments out of this. If you like this, I'll be having you save 500 bucks. But if you dont like my review, do please go on ahead and get a copy of it. And I hope you enjoy it... for 500/- is no easy share of money, I say!
An experienced buyer.