A Brief History of Modern India (2018-2019) Session by Spectrum Book Paperback – 2018
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Avail 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
This Book brings together various aspects of the turbulent period (from thearrival of the Europeans on Indian soil and the establishment of British rule in India to the day India won independence and the early years of freedom) in a systematic and succinct manner: major and important details and milestones are effectively discussed while several relevant but little known details are also highlighted.It is not just the mainstream freedom struggle that has been considered; the disparate efforts—small but significant— of several groups have also been discussed. The political and socio-economic developments that have influenced the growth of modern India have been dealt with in independent chapters.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
333 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is considered one of the best books for 'Modern India' part for Civil services examination.
For those who have 2017 version of this book, you don't need to purchase this. Only 1 chapter name 'After Nehru' has been added.
For those having an edition of 2016 of before, this is a huge upgrade. Go for it.
For those who don't have it, purchase it. It is one of the best books for the prelims as well as mains of Civil Services Examination.
1. The book covers the modern Indian history from 'The advent of the Europeans in India' to 'India after Independence'. The previous versions didn't have so much of details but this book leaves nothing. Complete modern Indian History has been covered.
2. The details have been taken care of. All the nuances have been paid attention by the author. It makes it enough for UPSC CSE.
3. This book also contains factual data which makes it useful for State Civil Services examinations too.
4. The language is quite simple. It makes this book even more useful.
5. Headings have been used wherever required. The text has not been present in the form of text without any point or bullet which makes the book tiresome to read. This book is very easy to read as enough gaps have been provided.
6. At the end of the book, some short notes have been provided which are extremely useful for the preparation.
7. The book is of small size.
8. The page quality has been considerably improved.
9. The binding is also good.
10. The font size is big. Hence easier to read.
1. Very thick. Hence difficult to handle to some extent.
2. Since the data has been introduced in this edition in a huge quantity, the reader needs to be extremely selective regarding what to read and what not to read. The reader needs to learn how to choose.
3. Since the book is now being updated by other authors and not by the original author Mr Rajiv Ahir, the book is losing relevance with time. The output/input ratio has come down at a rapid pace with this edition. Still useful for now.
Final comment- If you haven't read any book on Modern Indian History, purchase this book. This is a one-stop solution for Modern Indian History. If you have read anything else on this subject, still you should purchase it and extract out the things needed as this book is just like an encyclopedia for Modern Indian History.
IT Is The Amazon Who Is Contionously Providing Best Offers Possible So That One Can Buy This Book And Enhance His Knowledge.
1)only book available in market, which is totally flawless in historical perspective.
2)u get direct questions in major indian exams.
3) superbly compiled (latest2018) edition.
1)each year this book's size is getting thicker and thicker😎 lol
2)though i got this in deal at 240,but price should be around 200 🙉
Overall thanx Amazon for making Shopping Amazing.
please enlarge the size of the book. when the number of pages increases its hard too read when the dimension of the page is small..
Buy the bigger book (spectrum) first then read this. or else its a waste