- Reading level: 18+ years
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Penguin USA (1 August 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1573225517
- ISBN-13: 978-1573225519
- Product Dimensions: 13.1 x 2.2 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,82,896 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 75.00 Delivery charge
High Fidelity Paperback – 1 Aug 1996
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (2): Get 5% up to Rs. 1000 Instant Discount on Axis Bank Credit EMI transactions and 10% up to Rs. 1500 Instant discount on Axis Bank Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
It has been said often enough that baby boomers are a television generation, but the very funny novel High Fidelity reminds that in a way they are the record-album generation as well. This funny novel is obsessed with music; Hornby's narrator is an early-thirtysomething English guy who runs a London record store. He sells albums recorded the old-fashioned way--on vinyl--and is having a tough time making other transitions as well, specifically adulthood. The book is in one sense a love story, both sweet and interesting; most entertaining, though, are the hilarious arguments over arcane matters of pop music.
"As funny, compulsive and contemporary a first novel as you could wish for."—GQ
"One of the top ten books of the year."—Entertainment Weekly
"It is rare that a book so hilarious is also so sharp about sex and manliness, memory and music."—The New Yorker
"Mr. Hornby captures the loneliness and childishness of adult life with such precision and wit that you'll find yourself nodding and smiling. High Fidelity fills you with the same sensation that you get from hearing a debut record album that has more charm and verve and depth than anything you can recall."—The New York Times Book Review
"Hornby's seamless prose and offhand humor make for one hilarious set piece after another, as suffering, self-centered Rob ruminates on women, sex, and Abbey Road. But then he's forced to consider loneliness, fitting-in, death, and failure—and that is what lingers."—Spin
"Keep this book away from your girlfriend—it contains too many of your secrets to let it fall into the wrong hands."—Details
About the Author
Nick Hornby is the author of seven internationally bestselling novels (Funny Girl, High Fidelity, About a Boy, How to be Good, A Long Way Down, Slam and Juliet, Naked) and several works of non-fiction including Fever Pitch, Songbook and Ten Years In The Tub. He has written screenplay adaptions of Lynn Barber’s An Education, nominated for an Academy Award, Cheryl Strayed's Wild and Colm Tóibín’s Brooklyn. He lives in London.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
5 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, I would like to point out that the paperback is a pirated print.
And worse, the book is priced at 699 and is being sold at 800+. Higher than the MRP listed.
I'm now a fan of author "Nick Hornby" and have ordered most of his books, can't wait to read his other works :)