- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Hay House Inc (17 January 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1401951619
- ISBN-13: 978-1401951610
- Product Dimensions: 19.2 x 1.7 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #27,024 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Heart of Aromatherapy: An Easy-to-Use Guide for Essential Oils Paperback – 17 Jan 2017
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (3): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Andrea Butje is an internationally recognized aromatherapist and author. Her aromatherapy school, Aromahead Institute, reaches students from around the world thanks to her innovative online educational programmes and her inspired approach to creating community. In 2013, Andrea was honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Alliance of International Aromatherapists for the remarkable work she has accomplished in the aromatherapy profession. www.aromahead.com
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
* The information provided is solid and accurate
* The profiles are very well written, and the "personalization" of each oil in the profiles is very entertaining; they can help with memorizing some of the properties of the oils for sure
* The introductory material before the oil profiles is a bit "shotgun" and although it is a nice overview, it certainly lacks in completeness. A bit more time spent on this section would have made the book far better.
* The recipes in the book often overlook the use of preservatives. Although the author does make mention of preservatives, she ignores them, instead opting to encourage the reader to make them on a use basis or throw away what is already made and start over. This is a waste of oils and materials. It would be much better to provide recipes that include the use of a preservative so that the reader is not encouraged to waste oils.
* The recipes in the book that include the use of water or other substances in which oils do not readily mix are lacking the mention of using a good dispersant and/or emulsifier. This could have easily been added in the name of proper safety (especially in regards to baths), but the author chose to not add these to her recipes. This is unfortunate.
* The index could use some improvement it is very limited.
All in all, the book is a pretty good effort on the part of the author to provide information to the masses. It is my hope that there will be a second edition which will go more in depth in the introductory material, providing the reader with a better background education, as well as the author adding preservatives and dispersant/emulsifiers into her recipes. One thing I will say: The author certainly need not change anything about the oil profiles and the "personalization" of the oils; the book shows its worth in these alone.
Andrea has also included stories of her travel and history with these plants and oils which really show and highlight her passion. I have been a subscriber to her Aromahead International free newsletter for some time and always find her information helpful and genuine. I also have one of her online courses and her way of presenting the information in a fun and interesting way is a true gift!