5.0 out of 5 starsNice product! At first I thought that it might ...
31 March 2018
Nice product! At first I thought that it might give false readings,so initially I measured blood pressure of my close patient with a normal mercury sphymomanometer and then after a while or so I measured it with this machine. Both the readings came out to be the same. It corresponds to the chalk out description given here on Amazon!. Thanks
I got used one please see the pics I attached some body wrote on manual book with red ink pen and also see package and some blood pressure readings already stored in mechine. This is completely not acceptable.
Pros: 1. Purchased this because measuring BP regularly with mercury sphygmomanometer using stethoscope was a big hassle for the family. Measuring using this one is as easy as pressing a button. 2. Before buying it we were sceptical about it because of the negative general belief that only mercury sphygmomanometer works & all others are very inaccurate. So every now and then we did measure using both. It's a relief to know that is pretty accurate. Did not failed a single time in past 2 months. 3. Pulse rate is also accurate. 4. Large & simple display. 5. Both battery & power plug mode works nicely. 6. Has memory for 2 users. 7. Material is study. Easy to use & upkeep.
Cons: 1. There's no backlight. Sometimes it's a minor nuisance in not so bright environment if looking from an angle (It's still clear if user looks straight onto it and voice reading is there). 2. Process of interchanging between 2 user's memory is a hassle when it's frequently used that way. Wish it were simpler.
Remark: Bought @ ₹1099 during lightning deal. 4 AAA batteries were included. No power cable.
Recently I bought this BP-100 BP monitor from Health sense for use at my home.
This BP-100 BP monitor from Health-sense is highly useful and accurate device for measuring blood pressure as well as heart beat . It helps in detecting hypertension and also detect irregular heartbeat.This device is very simple to use and I have checked and found that the readings are accurate and reliable. That is,repeatability of the readings is good provided you take the measurements with due care and follow the recommended procedure(see below). The device also announces the taken measurements to you.
Please note that it is highly important to follow the recommended procedure as well as the precautions to get accurate and dependable readings.
Pros and features: ================== 1. Talking function.The machine announces the start up instructions and after measurement has been taken the value of BP and pulse reading. 2. It works on oscillometric method for fast and accurate readings. 3. It detects and alerts you when there is irregular heartbeat when BP is being measured. 4. It announces your BP and where it stands in WHO chart 5. Memory for two users with capacity to store 90 readings for each person. 6. Body movement indicator to avoid inaccurate readings. 7. Alarm clock to remind you of BP measurement time. 8. Wide 40x 60 mm LCD for clear display 9. Efficiently large cuff 22 cm to 42 cm to fit regular and large sized arms. 10. Error indicator 11. Average reading calculation out of 3 recent measurements.
Main Indicators of the machine: ===================== (1) Systolic blood pressure(high pressure results) (2) Diastolic blood pressure(low pressure result) (3) Pulse per minute( heart beats per minute )
symbols that may appear during its operation: ================================== (1) Mute symbol (voice is turned off) (2) Memory symbol (the displayed values are read from memory) (3) Low battery symbol (4) irregular hear beat symbol (5) Current time (6) Heart beat symbol (7) User A (8) User B (9) Average value symbol (10) Body movement indicator
How to take BP measurements using BP-100 monitor:The prescribed procedure ==========================================================
Before making measurements you need to press the power button and select the user A or B(default is A) and then tie the cuff and press the power button to start measurements. However utmost care is required in order to get reliable and accurate measurements.This involves proper sitting position of the patient, proper tying of the cuff and proper location of the air hose.
1. First Set the user in the device:
Press power button about 8 sec to get into settings mode. Then press M button to select user id A or B(default is user A) Then keep pressing power button to skip all other settings.
2. Tie the cuff:
a). Tie the cuff on the upper arm.The cuff should be snug fit but not too tight.You should be able to insert one finger between the cuff and the arm below . b). Position the tube joint in the cuff in the middle of the arm and hang the tube in line with the little finger.
c) The middle of the cuff should be at the level of your heart.
d). Sit comfortable in a chair with legs uncrossed, feet on a flat floor, your back and arm supported.
e). Place the fore-arm on a flat surface like a table.
f). Rest for 10 minutes before measuring.
g) press power button to turn on the monitor .It will finish the whole measurement in less than a minute.This process involves inflating the cuff, displaying and saving the measurements.The measurement is saved automatically in the memory of the monitor which can be recovered later.
If you move during the measurement, body movement indicator appears on the display.You need to repeat (after 10-15 min) the measurement.
h) Press power button to turn off. i) wait for at least 10 to 15 minutes before taking next measurement (if you wish to measure again for comparison purpose.) This allows your blood circulation to recover. j) For a meaningful comparison, try to take readings under similar conditions(similar environmental conditions and person's physical conditions and similar timing in a day e.g. at 8 hrs in morning/evening)
k) recalling the records: when the monitor is "OFF", press the M button to show the average of latest 3 readings. press M button to get the next stored reading(up to 90 readings can be stored for each of two persons A and B)reading date and time will be displayed
The latest record is assigned number 1 and previous record is assigned number 2 and so on.
Deleting the records: =====================
If you wish to delete the old records for some reason, press M button to enter memory mode. Average reading is displayed. Press and hold M button for few seconds to delete the records in the memory.Monitor will display zero readings in the end.
To exit out of delete mode, press power button.
For getting accurate measurements, avoid taking readings: ========================================== (1) within 1 hour after dinner or drinking (2) immediate measurement after tea, coffee, smoking (3) within 20 minutes after taking bath (4) when talking or moving your fingers (5) in a cold environment (6) when you want to discharge urine.
Imp notes for getting accurate measurements and proper usage :of BP-100 BP monitor =========================================================== (1) This device is not suitable for measuring blood pressure of children
(2) This device is not suitable for use on pregnant women, patients with implanted electrical devices, patients with pre-elcampsia,premature ventricular beats,atrial fibrillation, peripheral, arterial disease and patients undergoing intravascular therapy or arterio-venous shunt or people who received a mastectomy.
(3) Please consult your doctor prior to using the unit if you suffer from illness
(4)Do not take any therapeutic measures on the basis of a self measurement.
(5) Never alter the dose of a medicine prescribed by a doctor.
(6)Please keep the unit out of reach of infants,children or pets,since inhalation or swallowing of small parts is dangerous or even fatal.
(7)This device is intended only for adult use in homes.Not intended for use on extremities other than arm or for functions other than obtaining blood pressure measurement.
(8) If you experience discomfort during measurement ,such as pain in arm or other complaints,press the START/STOP button to release the air immediately from the cuff. Loosen the cuff and remove it from your arm.
(9)On the rare occasion of a fault causing the cuff to remain fully inflated during measurement, open the cuff immediately.Prolonged high pressure(cut off pressure > 300 mm Hg or constant pressure > 15 mm Hg for more than 3 minutes ) applied to the arm may lead to echhymosis(a discoloration of the skin resulting from bleeding underneath, typically caused by bruising.).
(10) Too frequent and consecutive measurements could cause disturbances in blood circulation and injuries. *****
(11) Do not wrap the cuff on the same arm on which other monitoring ME EQUIPMENt is applied simultaneously, because this could cause temporary loss of function of those simultaneously-used monitoring ME EQUIPMENT.
(12) The maximum temperature that the applied part can be achieved is 42.5 degree C., while the environment temperature is 40 degree C.
(13) Do not kink the connection tube during use, otherwise the cut off pressure may continuously increase which can prevent blood flow and result in harmful injury to the patient.
(14) The equipment is not AP/APG equipment and not suitable for use in the presence of a flammable anesthetic mixture with air or with oxygen or nitrous oxide.
(15) This device is not suitable for continuous monitoring during medical emergencies or operations
(16)This device can not be used with HF surgical equipment at the same time.
(17)This device is not intended for patient transports outside a healthcare facility
(18)To avoid measurement errors, please avoid the condition of strong electromagnetic field radiated interference signal or electrical fast transient /burst signal.
(19)The operator shall not touch output of batteries /adapter and the patient simultaneously.
(20) manufacturer will make available on request circuit diagrams, component parts list etc.
(21) The materials of the cup have been tested and found to comply with ISO 10993-5:2009 and ISO 10993-10:2010.It will not cause any potential sensitization or irritation reaction. Never apply the cuff on hurt skin
(22) Do not connect the air hose to other medical equipment,as this could cause air to be pumped into intravascular systems or high pressure, which could lead to dangerous injuries.
(23) Before use , make sure the device functions safely and is in proper working condition.
(24) Please use the device under the environment recommended in the manual.Otherwise, the performance and lifetime of the dvice will be impacted and reduced.
(25) Please use only recommended accessories and detachables.
(26) The best time to take a BP measurement, especially for tracking, is immediately after you wake up. This would be your resting heart rate (RHR) reading which should remain pretty consistent. More random measurements could be taken during the day for additional data points.
(27) Do not take a measurement immediately after walking from somewhere. For accurate and consistent measurements, you should be seated in the same position for 15 minutes before putting the cuff on and taking the measurement.
(28) Strictly there should be no movement or talking while the BP machine is in operation. The only slight movement should be from your normal breathing. Stay relaxed and breathe normally.
(29) Preferably sit on a chair placed in front of a table that allows you to rest your forearm parallel to the floor at the level of your heart. Also, do not sit cross-legged. Your legs should be bent from your knees so that they are almost perpendicular to the floor; you could keep them slightly out in front of you. In short, sit in a relaxed, upright position.
(30) Put the cuff on immediately before taking a measurement. Do not leave the cuff tightened around your arm for a long time if you are taking multiple measurements and then averaging them out. If you want to take multiple measurements for getting average then loosen/remove the cuff and wait 10 minutes in-between the readings.
(31) Do not measure your BP for 60-90 minutes after having food or taking a bath/shower. The BP is elevated during and for at least an hour after these activities. Similarly, do not measure your BP after any sort of physical exercise or emotional stress unless you are specifically tracking the BP for those situations.
(32) Do not measure your BP if you feel the need to urinate or empty your bowels. Go use the toilet and then wait,relax before taking measurements.
(33) Try to take the BP measurements sitting in the same posture at the same time or after the same activities every day. This will give you consistent measurements and should help you catch any changes in your BP more a accurately. This is very important for titration, i.e., adjusting the dosage of your BP medicine(s).
MOST IMP: -------- Point # 30 above is very important and must be followed strictly.,because every time you use the BP measuring device, the blood flow in your body and heart is altered.If you ,by mistake, tie the cuff and make measurements without any time gap between the measurements, there could be serious health hazards, including changes in heart beat and BP.SO do give 10-15 minutes gap between measurements. Many people , for example, when they take wrong reading due to body movement etc., they immediately try to take another reading. This is strictly a big NO NO. wait for 10 minutes before you try again. Read point # 8 and # 13 again.
1. Specs: ===== Model : Heart-Mate Digital blood pressure monitor model Classic(BP-100) Power: Battery 6V DC, 4x AAA batteries or AC adapter 6V,1A Display mode: Digital LCD, 40x 60 mm Measurement mode: Oscillographic testing mode Measuring range: Cuff pressure :0-40 kPa (0-300 mm Hg) Meas.pressure :0-37.3 kPa (0-280 mmHg) Pulse Value: 40-199 beats/minute Net Weight : APPROX. 225 G Accuracy : Pressure 5-40 deg C within +/- 0.4 kPa(3 mm Hg) Pulse value: +/- 5% of the reading
Cuff circumference : 22-42 cm Warranty: : 1 year , pick up and delivery back.
2. Parts: ======= Cuff connector port AC adapter port Battery compartment LCD display M:Memory button Power button(start/stop) Air hose
3. In the box: ========== (1) Hear mate BP 100 classic monitor (2)4 x AAA batteries (3) Cuff (22 cm-42 cm) (4)User manual (5) Warranty card
4. Choice of power supply: ===================== (1) Battery powered mode; 6V DC 4x AAA batteries (2) AC adaptor powered mode:6V=1A (Micro USB plug)
5. Setting user A/B,year,date ,time ===================================== Press power button about 8 sec to enter user settings mode. Press M button to select between user A/B Again press M button change year.Each press will increase year by 1. when finished press power button to save year and go to date set up. Repeat above steps to change month and day an dagain time format,hr,minute repeat above steps to set measuring unit mmHg or kPa
Please read the provided user manual for additional information.
This BP monitor device BP-100 from Health-Sense is a simple and accurate device for monitoring the BP and heartbeat. It is well built to last longer, works on dual power supply(batteries or ac adapter). Display size is good, easy to read and additionally has voice (talking) function that announces the readings for you.
Follow the prescribed procedure and precautions and you are assured of accurate readings. One can definitely go for it.
Pros - easy to use - light and portable - memory option - clear, readable display - memory option - can use battery or AC to run
Cons - the ridiculous accent of the voice assist! :D my pulse rate was high because I laugh my guts out everytime she speaks! The first time after measurements she said "the result is no more" and got worried since the BP was absolutely ideal.. then i realised she meant "normal". There should be an option to shut her up! - there is no start button. As soon as you power it on, in 5sec it starts recording! And you have not even connected the arm band - the arm band nearly crushes you to death everytime it pressurises the band! Makes you appreciate the strength of the pump actually!
Readings are not 100% consistent when u take 3_4 readings back to back. But it serves as a good indicator so that you don't need to rush to a doctor everytime you feel BP is low!
I haven't used any other home diagnosis equipment,so can't comment much. But at this price, i expected much better functions and finesse. After you listen to the voice assist, you begin to doubt the validity of the measurements!