- Publisher: Jaico Publishing house (15 August 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9387944301
- ISBN-13: 978-9387944305
- Product Dimensions: 21.5 x 14 x 2.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#4,89,590 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #28616 in Mind, Body & Spirit (Books)
The Headache Healer’s Handbook Paperback – 15 Aug 2018
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Jan Mundo has taught at medical centers, universities and corporations including Stanford University and Apple Inc. She holds several coaching and healing certifications and has advanced training in a variety of healing arts. She lives in New York City.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
> Jan Mundo, SCMSC, CMT
> As a migraine sufferer, I can say this book is complete. Author Jan Mundo covers the vast array of things that may trigger headaches and offers insight and suggestions as to how to recognize these and handle the things that set off your journey into pain. The Headache Healer’s Handbook includes information on how to identify your headache type. Methods of being aware of your reactions to headaches – for instance, author Mundo points out, “Chronic headache sufferers commonly breathe in stress mode, taking short, rapid, shallow breaths, centered high in the chest.” She then explains how proper breathing can relieve tension and stress.
> Part three of the book offers a “Headache History Questionnaire,” which may offer the sufferer some insight into the why and how of their suffering.
> Part four of The Headache Healer’s Handbook, teaches headache sufferers how to relieve tension and the use of touch therapy. Explanations are thorough and detailed. Part five of the book delves into some of reasons headache sufferers may agonize with the affliction. Mundo explains, “Transformational somatic work that releases trauma is often a core part of reclaiming that part of yourself, healing pain, and moving beyond it.” Headache pain may could be caused by problems beyond the physical.
> Mundo discusses “Case Studies in Transforming Trauma and Pain,” Exercises are offered so the reader can explore feelings. She discusses “Centering.” A method used to ground yourself and put yourself in balance; a program for self-evaluation.
> This book holds a plethora of information. About 350 pages of hope for one who suffers from debilitating headaches. It is certainly worth taking the time to read and absorb the advice offered. Best to read this before you have a headache.