- Hardcover: 160 pages
- Publisher: Harper Design (19 October 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0061997811
- ISBN-13: 978-0061997815
- Product Dimensions: 24.1 x 2.4 x 28.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #5,10,313 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Harry Potter Film Wizardry Hardcover – Import, 19 Oct 2010
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
Immerse yourself in the world of the spectacular Harry Potter film series, and learn why Yule Ball ice sculptures never melt, where Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts are really "minted," how to get a Hippogriff to work with actors, the inspiration behind Hogwarts castle, and why Dementors move the way they do. Written and designed in collation with the cast and crew that brought J. K. Rowling's celebrated novels to the silver screen, Harry Potter: Film Wizardry delivers an enchanting interactive experience, transporting readers to the wizarding world by sharing film-making secrets, unpublished photography and artwork, and exclusive stories from the stars. Full of removable facsimile reproductions of props and paper ephemera from the movies, this collectible volume offers a privileged look at the Harry Potter films and the talented group of Muggles that has made true movie magic.
About the Author
Brian Sibley has serialized and broadcast numerous radio and TV programs for the BBC, including: J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, C. S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia, and Gormenghast, for which he won a coveted Sony Radio Award. Sibley's film books include the best-selling The Lord of the Rings: The Making of the Movie Trilogy and Peter Jackson: A Film-Maker's Journey, as well as The Disney Studio Story, Mickey Mouse: His Life and Times, and The Land of Narnia. He lives in London, England.
David Heyman is Executive Producer for the Harry Potter films.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
only thing. This was priced much lower when I saw it before hmm.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The only differences are:
1)The 1/3-page paper belt which wrap the book cover
2)In the 2010 version, the last 2 pages are "sneak peak" of the final movie. These 2 pages are gone in the 2012 version and the photos from these 2 pages are nowhere to be found in the Revised and Expanded version. In the Revised and Expanded version, we get 6 pages of new materials from the final movie: the return to Gringotts, the Battle of Hogwarts, the Deathly Hallows, and the Tales of Three Brothers.
3)An additional material: a pocket/envelope, which contains a booklet Film Photo Diary, embedded on the inner side of the back cover. Nothing spectacular about this additional material: just a few photos from each of the movies (and only 1 page is dedicated to each movie).
For those who missed out on the 2010 version, go ahead and purchase this. It is as good as the 2010 version.
For those who already own the 2010 version, you may want to think twice before purchasing this.
No. 4 Privet Drive
- Hogwarts Acceptance letter
Diagon Alley - Under Construction
- Borgon and Burkes store catalog
The Sorting Hat and The Hogwarts Houses: Slytherin
- Advanced Potion Making
The Village of Hogsmeade
- Honeydukes Confectionary boxes
The Quidditch World Cup
- 422nd Quidditch World Cup Pogramme
The Yule Ball
- Yule Ball
Imelda Stanton as Dolores Umbridge
- Proclamation Decrees: No. 29, No. 30, No. 83, No. 98
Confidential Graphics: Production Designer's Notebook
- The Marauder's Map
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
- Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes Product Catalogue
The Ministry of Magic
- Ministry of Magic Identify Card, Mafalda Hopkirk
Inside Back Cover
- Film Wizardry Photo Album
I especially loved the Marauders Map, Hogwarts acceptance letter, Yule Ball program, etc. These added an awesome touch of the real thing.
In case you're wondering, there is some overlap with Page to Screen (see my review here: https://www.amazon.com/review/R17H4CSCK0549/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8) but this book is much more visual. It's more exciting and fun. Worth getting both.