- Paperback: 280 pages
- Publisher: Rupa & Co; 3rd edition (1 October 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8129135728
- ISBN-13: 978-8129135728
- Product Dimensions: 13.3 x 1.4 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 6,651 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#475 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #27 in Indian Writing (Books)
Half Girlfriend Paperback – 1 Oct 2014
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (4): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 10% cashback using RuPay cards. Max Cashback - INR 100 if you are using RuPay card for first time on Amazon. INR 25 if you have used RuPay card earlier. Check here for your cashback eligibility Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Get offers for up to ₹1375 cashback on MakeMyTrip, Redbus, 1mg, UrbanClap & Faasos. Shop on Amazon between 19th Apr to 30th Apr 2019 to become eligible for the offer. T&C apply Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Avail 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Excellent book. Madhav and Riya make a good story and it takes new turns when they go on spaceship and explore new intergalactical planetary systems. Book deals nicely with the poverty, terrorism, depression during world war 2 and world political problems. Or may be not, I am just hallucinating. This is a simple book with simple story. Go read it, you will enjoy it --By Bhallukie on November 16, 2014
The story is simple yet lovable. I couldn't resist reading the entire book in one sitting. I too fell in love with the character Riya while reading the book. This is my third favorite book from the author Chetan Bhagat. The other too being 'five point someone' and 'three mistakes of my life'. --By Onion Knight on November 27, 2014
About the Author
Chetan Bhagat published his first novel first novel 'Five Point Someone' in 2004 and this very first venture took him to the peaks of fame and popularity. The book depicted the story of an IIT student who considers himself to be below average than all the other students in IIT. This book won the Society Young Achiever's Award and Publisher's Recognition Award. The story was adopted into a film directed by Rajkumar Hirani and starred famous Bollywood stars like Aamir Khan, Madhavan, Sharman Joshi and Kareena Kapoor. His second book was 'One Night At A Call Center' and this too was a great success. This book was made into a movie and was named 'Hello' and Chetan himself wrote the script. The movie was noted by the special appearance of Bollywood star Salman Khan and was an average hit. His next novel has cricket as the major theme. It is named 'Three Mistakes of My Life'. His fourth book is named 'Two States'. -
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
6,651 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
CB has written a wonderful love story with lots of twists and turns which will leave you in tears on several occasions. Whenever Madhav seems recuperated from his pains, the suffering starts all over again.
However there are other elements to this book which adds to the appeal like the inferiority complex Madhav develops due to his inability to converse in English and the way he overcomes that, the difference between the high class Delhi and the impoverished rural Bihar where people struggle to get 3 hours of power supply on a daily basis, the grants offered by Melinda Gates foundation to Madhav's school which even our government couldn't etc.
Overall I really liked the book and this one is right on top of CB's books along with 2 states. Enjoy the read!
3. Good for first reader.
4. Paper quality is good.
5. Easy to carry as size is not so big.
6. Worth of money.
7. Some sentence really makes you laugh.
8. I assure after this you want more to read.
9. A book for every reader .
10. Go for it.
It seems that he writing for Bollywood and selling it out in open market as well.
Thanks to Chetan Bhagat Sir . 😉