- Hardcover: 352 pages
- Publisher: Scribner (3 May 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781501111105
- ISBN-13: 978-1501111105
- ASIN: 1501111108
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 3.3 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 71 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #48,347 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance Hardcover – 3 May 2016
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
One of "The Hottest Spring Nonfiction Books"
—The Wall Street Journal
A "Leadership Book to Watch for in 2016"
—The Washington Post
A "Must-Read Business Book for 2016"
One of "The Year's Best Life Hacks"
"Angela Duckworth [is] the psychologist who has made 'grit' the reigning buzzword in education-policy circles...Duckworth's ideas about the cultivation of tenacity have clearly changed some lives for the better...In this book, Duckworth, whose TED talk has been viewed more than eight million times, brings her lessons to the reading public."
—Judith Shulevitz, The New York Times Book Review
"It really isn't talent but practice—along with passion—that makes perfect, explains psychologist Duckworth in this illuminating book. Inspiration for non-geniuses everywhere."
“Psychologists have spent decades searching for the secret of success, but Angela Duckworth is the one who found it. In this smart and lively book, she not only tells us what it is, but also how to get it.”
—Daniel Gilbert, author of Stumbling on Happiness
“Grit is a persuasive and fascinating response to the cult of IQ fundamentalism. Duckworth reminds us that it is character and perseverance that set the successful apart.”
—Malcolm Gladwell, author of The Tipping Point, Blink, and Outliers
“Impressively fresh and original…Grit scrubs away preconceptions about how far our potential can take us.”
—Susan Cain, author of Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
“Fascinating. Angela Duckworth pulls together decades of psychological research, inspiring success stories from business and sports, and her own unique personal experience and distills it all into a set of practical strategies to make yourself and your children more motivated, more passionate, and more persistent at work and at school.”
—Paul Tough, author of How Children Succeed
About the Author
Angela Duckworth, PhD, is a 2013 MacArthur Fellow and professor of psychology at the University of Pennsylvania. She has advised the White House, the World Bank, NBA and NFL teams, and Fortune 500 CEOs. She is also the Founder and Scientific Director of the Character Lab, a nonprofit whose mission is to advance the science and practice of character development. She completed her BA in neurobiology at Harvard, her MSc in neuroscience at Oxford, and her PhD in psychology at the University of Pennsylvania. Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance is her first book and an instant New York Times bestseller.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The other interesting aspect is that she takes in research from other psychologists and gives a assortment of research that is coherent. Brilliant !
It's really one of those books which I personally count among the classic self-help gems including "Think and grow rich" and "How to win friends and influence people"; and it is a book going to be on my desk for times to come.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
People who generally believe in grit as a key attribute to character and success will find this...Read more