- Reading level: 8+ years
- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Rupa (1 November 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8129118920
- ISBN-13: 978-8129118929
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 1.2 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 249 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #43 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ 50.00 Delivery charge
Great Stories for Children Paperback – 1 Nov 2011
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (3): Flat Rs.50 back using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Get 10% cashback using RuPay cards. Max Cashback - INR 100 if you are using RuPay card for first time on Amazon. INR 25 if you have used RuPay card earlier. Check here for your cashback eligibility Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Get 1500 Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
A story collection should make a reader to hook the book, how? I got the answer after reading this collection. Ruskin Bond with his style of wit and humour writes on pets, nature, tress, bear, leopard, tiger and above all ghosts. I am sure readers will enjoy this collection. --Arun on 16 Nov 2012
A very nice book for children. Gifted it to my cousin and he liked it. The assortment of the short stories also well selected. --Jaysmita Saha on 24 Sep 2014
It justifies its price but i am not much satisfied with the book because i have heard a lot about ruskin bond. --Anand Gautam on 16 May 2014
About the Author
Ruskin Bond's first novel, The Room on the Roof, written when he was seventeen, won the John Llewellyn Rhys Memorial Prize in 1957. Since then he has written several novels (including Vagrants in the Valley, A Flight of Pigeons and Delhi Is Not Far), essays, poems and children's books, many of which have been published by Penguin India.
He has also written over 500 short stories and articles that have appeared in a number of magazines and anthologies.
He received the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1993 and the Padma Shri in 1999.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
249 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 249 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Not suitable for children below 10-12 years
Ruskin Bond's descriptions are more surrounded with village life, nature etc..nad Enid Blyton's stories are more based on fantacies, magic etc.