Great Disciples of the Buddha Paperback – 1 January 2022
Enhance your purchase
A perennial favorite, Great Disciples of the Buddha is now relaunched in our best-selling Teachings of the Buddha series.
Twenty-four of the Buddha's most distinguished disciples are brought to life in ten chapters of rich narration. Drawn from a wide range of authentic Pali sources, the material in these stories has never before been assembled in a single volume. Through these engaging tales, we meet all manner of human beings - rich, poor, male, female, young, old - whose unique stories are told with an eye to the details of ordinary human concerns. When read with careful attention, these stories can sharpen our understanding of the Buddhist path by allowing us to contemplate the living portraits of the people who fulfilled the early Buddhist ideals of human perfection. The characters detailed include:
Conveniently annotated with the same system of sutta references used in each of the other series volumes, Great Disciples of the Buddha allows the reader to easily place each student in the larger picture of Buddha's life. It is a volume that no serious student of Buddhism should miss.
Special offers and product promotions
- 10% Instant Discount up to INR 300 on City Union Bank Mastercard Debit Card Trxns. Minimum Trxn value INR 350 Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to INR 250 on HSBC Cashback Card Credit Card Transactions. Minimum purchase value INR 1000 Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
- Publisher : Pariyatti (1 January 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 448 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1681724855
- ISBN-13 : 978-1681724850
- Reading age : 15 years and up
- Item Weight : 570 g
- Dimensions : 19 x 12 x 4 cm
- Country of Origin : India
- Importer : Embassy Books, firstname.lastname@example.org , www.embassybooks.in
- Customer Reviews:
Top review from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book has detailed chapters on Maha Kassapa, Anathpindaka, Mahamogallana, Sariputta ... and several female disciples Mata Visakha, Kisa Gotami, Patacara...
For me, and most people that I know who have read this book, it has become a permanent resource on my table. Reading each chapter transports one to the fortunate lives of those who were alive at the time of the Buddha and helped him...and fills one with motivation to walk the path and help in our current lives.
This book used to be an expensive import from the US but is now affordably priced for India ... so thankful for this treasure!