- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers; paper back edition (8 March 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781400201655
- ISBN-13: 978-1400201655
- ASIN: 1400201659
- Product Dimensions: 14.7 x 2.3 x 22.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #38,994 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be Hardcover – 6 Feb 2018
Audible Audiobook, Unabridged
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Rachel Hollis is a #1 New York Times and #1 USA Today bestselling author, a top business podcaster, and one of the most sought-after motivational speakers in the world. As a bestselling author and wildly successful lifestyle influencer, she has built a global social media fanbase in the millions. She's a proud working mama of four and a big fan of the small town in Texas hill country that the Hollis family calls home. Hang out with her on Instagram (her favorite social!) @MsRachelHollis. To find out more about ALL the things, head to TheHollisCo.com.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. I believe that self-help books are personal. Some words or chapters might strike a cord with some people and others with other types of people. As such, my experience with this book might not be yours, but I’ll explain how I felt anyway:
2. The introduction was STUNNING. The author managed to raise my hopes, make me think and had me EXCITED for what came next. As she spoke about how the only thing standing in between you and everything you want in life is YOU, and spoke about how she was going to break down the lies we’ve been telling ourselves all our life, I genuinely thought that this book would be something that would make me feel and think.
3. I jumped into the first ‘Lie’ almost immediately after, and then put the book down to try and absorb it and then, the next day, picked it up again to dive into the next lie.
4. Now, at the end I sincerely feel that Girl, Wash Your Face was this rushed book, attempting to dissemble years’ worth of self-inflicted damage in just a few pages. While the opening chapter left me inspired, the rest of the book was exactly the opposite - rushed and uninspiring.
5. If this book was supposed to make you believe that YOU can be everything you want, I’m not sure it did. The phrase, ,b>“easier said than done” came to my mind more times than I can count, because through the rushed explanations that were more statements than explanations I just didn’t believe, after a while.
6. I did take away one thing from the book, at least partially, though, and that is that only WE can control what we make of our lives.
Would I recommend this book? Like I said before, self-help books are so personal and I can’t say that a book that didn’t help me won’t help you but I’d only recommend it if you’ve read the synopsis and think it’s really something you need in your life.
No. of Pages: 240
Let me start by saying that I have not heard or read about the author before I picked the book, and I did that only because of the hype it created in the blogosphere.
In Girl, Wash Your Face, Rachel talks about how the lies we tell ourselves hold us back and takes us through her own grief and trauma. 'Someone else's opinion of you is none of your business' is a quote we should all remember to tell ourselves. #GirlWashYourFace
I liked Rachel's simple and no nonsense approach to the subject and her enthusiastic writing. And I never felt I was reading a memoir or a self book, the whole book gave a feeling like I was reading a blog and getting to know the blogger slowly and personally.
The author doesn't offer great advices or groundbreaking insights, yet I am glad this was my first book of the year. Yes it was inspirational as it was supposed to be, but this is more of a 'things that worked for me' kinda list so take it with a grain of salt.
Final thought: Cheerful and motivational. Take it with a grain of salt.
Recommended to: Twenty something women entrepreneurs especially in a non traditional job.
Warning: May come off as spiritual and religious tone.
💝Publisher: Harper Collins
Introduction: Founder of the lifestyle website TheChicSite.com and CEO of her own media company, Chic Media, Rachel Hollis has created an online fan base of hundreds of thousands of fans by sharing tips for living a better life while fearlessly revealing the messiness of her own. This book is featuring her signature combination of honesty, humor, and direct, no-nonsense advice.
My Opinion: This is was my anticipated read & expected alot from this book & overall I am glad to let you know that this book was lit. Rachel is strong, frank & hardworking so is her book. The book basically isn't a so called non-fiction motivational book but actually covers alot of topics & life aspects. After, you are done with the book you will feel confident, happy & strong. The book clearly focused on the part of being the way you are & accepting yourself with all your flaws, because according to her flaws are beautiful sometimes. The book is divided into various chapter & each chapter is dealing with a life issue, as you proceed you will get to know alot of things about yourself, you may explore your own capabilities through this book. Taking about the cover, is so lively & the title too is suitable for the content.
Pros: The book was such a easy read, along with being cool & funky it perfectly goes with all fun lovers & avid readers. While reading you actually feel that Rachel is directly conversing with you in order to explain you & in order to keep her point. Starting from small issues to ending up life death challenges the author quickly takes you to a wonderful journey. It's how you take the book, if you are positive you shall definitely take it in that way, I do recommend it to everyone.
Cons: I was expecting more in the sense of content, may be more effective examples, although it's amazing.