- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 3 edition (11 October 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780131014725
- ISBN-13: 978-0131014725
- ASIN: 0131014722
- Product Dimensions: 21.8 x 1.3 x 27.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #5,20,149 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Geography Coloring Book Paperback – 11 Oct 2002
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Author
Previous problems with paper quality have been corrected for this new (3rd) edition.
For this book I have hand-drawn and lettered all the maps and names of countries, etc., using the same highly effective coloring format that I created for the highly innovative Anatomy Coloring Book which has sold well over three million copies in this country alone.
New features in this edition include the use of extremely bold headings to facilitate content recognition and introductory pages previewing each section.
Accompanying the maps of of states, countries, continents, regions, empires, flags, mountain ranges, rivers, etc. are brief, but informative and often fascinating descriptions enhancing the "learn while you color" process.
You can color eight early empires (including the two Islamic) superimposed over modern maps, clearly showing which countries continue to be bear their historic influences.
Color thematic maps of the world; each dealing with weather, vegetation, ocean currents, prevailing winds, populations, racial distribution, religions and languages.
Similarities among the flags of the world can be observed by coloring them grouped according to the geographic proximity of their countries of origin.
An extensive geographical dictionary, defining and identifying the location of each entry, is provided which also can serve as a dual-function quiz.
From the Back Cover
Wynn Kapit, the designer of the extremely popular Anatomy Coloring Book, has adapted that same coloring format to the subject of geography. This method of learning has proven to be unsurpassed in developing awareness, achieving retention, and experiencing enjoyment. This edition contains:
- Political maps describing the United States and all the nations of the world according to their regional grouping within a, particular continent.
- Pertinent data about each state or country, plus fascinating facts of historic, geographic, political, or economic nature. These facts are often related to today's headlines.
- Physical maps of each continent, illustrating the major rivers, mountain ranges, mountain peaks, and specific land regions.
- Visual comparisons of size among the countries themselves, as well as to the various states of the United States.
- Maps, covering larger areas, provide the reader with a bigger picture regarding the location of the country or region under consideration.
- Maps describing the, transformation of the former Soviet Union into fifteen separate nations, and the former Yugoslavia into five new nations.
- Thematic maps of the world describing weather, vegetation, ocean currents, prevailing winds, population, racial distribution, religions, and languages.
- Flags of the world are shown organized according to the geographic locations of their countries of origin.
- Past and future movement of continents over millions of years, plus the location of earthquake and volcano zones.
- Eight historic land empires (see below) superimposed on modern maps with extensive descriptions tracing the rise and fall of each empire.
- An index that serves as a dictionary, identifying and locating each entry. This feature can also be turned into a fascinating, dual-function quiz.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
My only complaint would be that it’s a little outdated. Copyright 2003. How about an updated version!!!???!
This is a superb book.!!!! It’s well organized and covers more than geography