- Reading level: 8 - 12 years
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Juggernaut (31 May 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9386228718
- ISBN-13: 978-9386228710
- Package Dimensions: 19.6 x 12.8 x 1.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,14,792 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Garuda and the Serpents: Stories of Friends and Foes from Hindu Mythology Paperback – 31 May 2018
Paperback, 31 May 2018
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback (2): Get ₹15 cashback on placing an order to a pickup point. Cashback will be credited to your Amazon Pay wallet after order is shipped. Not valid on POD (Pay on Delivery) orders. Here's how
- Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (3): 10% instant discount up to Rs.1,750 on minimum order of Rs. 3,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Cards, Debit Cards and Credit/Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- Bonus offer: Get additional cashback of Rs. 1750 on total purchases of or above Rs. 50,000 across all orders with ICICI Bank Credit Cards, Debit Cards and Credit/Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select debit cards on orders above Rs.8,000 and Bajaj Finserv EMI cards on orders above Rs.4500 Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Arshia Sattar has a PhD in classical Indian literatures from the University of Chicago. Her translations from Sanskrit, The Ramayana of Valmiki and Tales from the Kathasaritsagara, have been published as Penguin Classics. She has also written books for children, including the Ramayana for Children.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
3 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So no it is not just about Garuda and serpents, it has short stories about Hanuman, King Vali, Churning of ocean and a few more.
The illustrations shown are interesting.
These are more like bed time stories for children!
They would not exactly invoke feelings of devotion or spirituality in a casual reader however they are good enough to make the mind wonder.
I admire the work of author in previous books, however it appears she highlights meat and wine parts too often. ( wine is okay, animal cruelty is not okay at all )
The publishers and author should take it easy, there's a story here about fire and killing of animals! It was written quite harshly too. It ruins the mood and imagination. Surely a child's brain would not be too amused by it!
Overall I would say yes go ahead get this book, however if you're reading these stories to your children filter the harsh and rough parts.
If you're a grown up and reading it, do enjoy it, it is surely refreshing, don't get too stuck up on details. Don't take harsh parts literally.
Kudos to Ishan Trivedi for beautifully illustrating and recreating the scenes from the past and splashing various colours on the pages of this book. It not only makes the story interesting but is also one of the major reasons to buy the book. The title of the book has been taken from the title of one of the chapters and that doesn’t quite make sense. A more generalized title would have done justice with the theme of the book.
The book could be a nice addition to your children's mythical book collection.