- Paperback: 231 pages
- Publisher: State University of New York Press (1 July 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0791424405
- ISBN-13: 978-0791424407
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.5 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #12,13,143 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
+ 75.00 Delivery charge
Ganapati: Song of the Self (SUNY Series in Religious Studies) Paperback – Import, 1 Jul 1995
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (4): Rs 100 cashback on Rs 499 or more for purchases made through Amazon Assistant. Click on the link - (Amazon Asistant) Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Ganapati is the Hindu Lord of Beginnings, the Keeper of the Threshold, the Remover of Obstacles, Master of the Mind, Son of Siva, Elephant-headed, plump, and lovable. This book offers a wide range of information about Ganapati gathered from such diverse sources as hymns, poems, myths, shrines, practices, and theologies. It considers Ganapati's complexity: his transcendence of sectarian and territorial limits, his delayed but dramatic development into the religious pantheon, his paradoxical mythology, and his physical manifestation, an elephant's head on a human body. Ganapati: Song of the Self fosters an understanding from within a tradition. It presents a positive interpretation of the material and encourages an inner quest for spiritual truth.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I havn't come across another book that describes the tales and mythology concerning Ganesha with such evidence and lucidity! Give it a shot and you'll find it strikes a chord somewhere within as you read it, and find yourself compelled to re-read it, again and again! The manner in which it so smoothly associates all the tales with the Vedantic view & the greater truth of all reality - is also, undoubtedly, brilliant! So much so that it put me to tears on several occassions.
Yes, I could go on & on, yet it would do you no good until you won't find out the truth for yourself so go ahead, It's more than worth your time and money! My best Purchase ever!
Ganpati Bappa Morya :)