• Circuit Theory • Electrical Measurements and Measuring Instruments • Electric Machines • Electric Power Systems • Control Systems • Signals and Systems • Analog and Digital Electronics including introduction to microcomputers
The book conforms to the syllabi of Basic Electrical and Electronic Sciences prescribed for the first-year engineering students. It is also an ideal text for students pursuing diploma programmes in Electrical Engineering.
Written in a straightforward style with a strong emphasis on primary principles, the main objective of the book is to bring an understanding of the subject within the reach of all engineering students.
WHAT IS NEW TO THIS EDITION
• Fundamentals of Control Systems (Chapter 24)
• Fundamentals of Signals and Systems (Chapter 25)
• Introduction to Microcomputers (Chapter 32)
• Substantial revisions to chapters on Transformer, Semiconductor Diodes and Transistors, and Field Effect Transistors
• Laplace Transform (Appendix B)
• Applications of Laplace Transform (Appendix C)
• PSpice (Appendix E)