- 10% instant discount up to Rs.2,000 on SBI credit cards, debit cards (excl. Rupay) and EMI transactions Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Up to Rs. 8,000 savings on total purchases above Rs. 50,000 on SBI credit cards, debit cards (excl. Rupay) and EMI transactions Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No cost EMI on SBI & HDFC credit cards on orders above Rs. 3,000 & Bajaj Finserv EMI cards on orders above Rs. 5,000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Unlock cashback upto Rs.2300 on BookMyShow, Swiggy, Yatra and UrbanClap. Order on the Amazon app during Great Indian Festival(no min order value)and pay through any pre-paid payment method to be eligible for this offer | Valid from 10th - 15 Oct'18 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI or RuPay cards. Offer period October 1st to October 31st. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 calendar days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless: Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 100 on your first online payment. Pay using ATM card or credit card. Offer period 1st October to 31st October. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Football in Sun and Shadow (Penguin Modern Classics) Paperback – 31 May 2018
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Galeano can run rings round our glamorous football intelligentsia. (When Saturday Comes)
Stands out like Pele on a field of second-stringers. (New Yorker)
Galeano has a style of a great left half. He constantly switches the direction of play. His observations are acute. He delivers with an air of insouciance which cannot mask his mastery (Herald)
Uplifting, reckless, ironic, impassioned... sparkles with supple imagery and a fine dry wit. (Independent)
Deeply humane . . . he has produced literature that will endure, monuments to the imagination (Toby Green Independent)
About the Author
Eduardo Galeano was a Uruguayan journalist, novelist and writer, widely held to be one of Latin America's most distinguished and admired literary figures. Born in Montevideo in 1940 to a modest middle-class Catholic family, Galeano published his first work - a political cartoon - in El Sol newspaper aged just fifteen. He went on to work for various weekly newspapers and magazines, and in 1971 he published his first book, the bestselling Open Veins of Latin America. Following his brief imprisonment during the Uruguayan military coup of 1973, Galeano fled the country: he lived in exile in Argentina and Spain for years before returning to Uruguay. His work - including the celebrated Memory of Fire trilogy - has been translated into twenty-eight languages, and during his liftetime Galeano's achievements as a writer were recognised with many literary prizes, including the hugely prestigious Casa de las Americas award. He died in 2015.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com