- Hardcover: 180 pages
- Publisher: Authorspress; Ist Edition edition (2015)
- ISBN-10: 9352071484
- ISBN-13: 978-9352071487
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Folktales of a Forgotten Folk Hardcover – 2015
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
About the Author
Samuel Dani teaches in the Department of English at B. P. College, Boden, Nuapada, Odisha in India. His areas of interests include Folklore, Dalit Literature and Tribal Religions. He is a member of the Indian Folklore Congress and International Society for Folk Narrative Research. He has a good number of research papers published widely in journals and edited books of repute.
About the Book
A string of forty tales, Folktales of a Forgotten Folk offers a glimpse of the creative world of the Kamars alias Paharia, a tribe living in a quiet backwater of Odisha. Demographically victimized and economically marginalized, they have preferred a life of wild seclusion in forgotten cozy hills where, besides eking out a meagre existence on bamboo craft, they also churn out rich corpus of orature. The entire day they chisel bamboo into exquisite art, and when evening settles down they sit around a burning hearth to listen to tales woven out of eerie jungle night and sylvan mountain valley. The tales reflect the collective creative engagement, not idiosyncrasy of an individual raconteur, and epitomise a candid tour de force. This collection is a treasure-trove of stories, sometimes heart-wrenching and sometimes peppered with irony and ribald humour.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|