- 10% instant discount up to Rs.2,000 on SBI credit cards, debit cards (excl. Rupay) and EMI transactions Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Up to Rs. 8,000 savings on total purchases above Rs. 50,000 on SBI credit cards, debit cards (excl. Rupay) and EMI transactions Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No cost EMI on SBI & HDFC credit cards on orders above Rs. 3,000 & Bajaj Finserv EMI cards on orders above Rs. 5,000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Unlock cashback upto Rs.2300 on BookMyShow, Swiggy, Yatra and UrbanClap. Order on the Amazon app during Great Indian Festival(no min order value)and pay through any pre-paid payment method to be eligible for this offer | Valid from 10th - 15 Oct'18 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI or RuPay cards. Offer period October 1st to October 31st. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 calendar days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Go Cashless: Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 100 on your first online payment. Pay using ATM card or credit card. Offer period 1st October to 31st October. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Feast: With a Taste of Amir Khusro Paperback – Import, 30 Nov 2017
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Evocative, engaging and a feast in itself, this book traces the importance of our regional cuisines and ties them with memory, emotion and familial bonds. Bisma’s narrative presents painstakingly collated recipes of our favourite food items but takes us beyond the culinary senses into more complex territories of self-discovery, time travel and search for fulfillment. Above all, it is also a testament to how food connects and remains an unappreciated binding force in a region bruised by never-ending conflict.—Raza Rumi, author, journalist and Editor, Daily Times
A love story goes to the heart. Good food tickles the palate. Combined, they touch the soul. Peppered with recipes and stories of how they evolved, the delicacy that emerges is a ‘culinary romance’ that is irresistible. Bisma Tirmizi is outstanding here!—Zubeida Mustafa, Winner of Lifetime Achievement Award, International Women Media Foundation, Former Assistant Editor, Dawn
You need to be a dedicated Biryani-foodie to go through this imaginative chronicle.—Bapsi Sidhwa, author
A fascinating account of life and cuisine in the subcontinent, Bisma’s first book is a welcome diversion from the dark times we live in.—Ayesha Azfar, Assistant Editor, Dawn
About the Author
Bisma Tirmizi has been a storyteller for twenty-seven years, first as an employee at The Herald Group of Publications for over six years in the capacity of a sub-editor and then as a freelance journalist. She has penned over five hundred articles and has been published in Dawn, The News, The Express Tribune and Buzzfeed, among many others. Her musings over a cup of tea almost always find their way to be the written word, either in the form of an article, story, commentary and now a book.
Tirmizi has been writing ‘Food Stories’ for dawn.com for over four years and has been enjoying food forever. This is her debut novel, sketching an elemental love story between us and our unique, nurturing and, at times, obsessive relationship with food and the social relationships surrounding it.
She lives in Las Vegas, United States.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|