- Paperback: 158 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (16 March 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1470188880
- ISBN-13: 978-1470188887
- Product Dimensions: 20.3 x 0.9 x 25.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals Paperback – 16 Mar 2012
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Over many years, while engaged on other work, Darwin was researching the Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals, his most extraordinary and approachable book, rich in observed detail and brilliant speculation, beautifully illustrated--one of the first scientific books to use photographs, including some of his own baby pouting and laughing--and now available in a third edition, prepared and annotated by the great American psychologist of the emotions, Paul Ekman... Darwin's book was out of favour for a long time after his death. The climate of opinion has changed now, and Ekman's superb edition is a major publishing event and has been enthusiastically welcomed." --From a lecture, entitled Science and Human Nature, given at Oxford University by Ian McEwan
About the Author
Charles Darwin was an English naturalist and author best-known for his revolutionary theories on the origin of species, human evolution, and natural selection. A life-long interest in the natural world led Darwin to neglect his medical studies and instead embark on a five-year scientific voyage on the HMS Beagle, where he established his reputation as a geologist and gathered much of the evidence that fuelled his later theories.A prolific writer, Darwin s most famous published works include The Voyage of the Beagle, On the Origin of Species, The Descent of Man, and Selection in Relation to Sex, and The Expression of Emotions in Man and Animals. Darwin died in 1882, and in recognition of his contributions to science, is buried in Westminster Abbey along with John Herschel and Isaac Newton.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Related items to consider
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
There are no diagrams or photographs in this book. Not one! These diagrams and photos are what made Darwin's ideas more tangible. Without them, one is left to wonder what exactly inspired Darwin to develop these ideas.
The warning is clear: Stay away from this disaster. If you need a copy of "The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals" look for one that includes the photographs.
To understand how Darwin was thinking about Human origins, it's insufficient to just purchase and read the Descent of Man- this book is a must.
Secondly, this edition of the book has proven to be a very good one for me- the illustrations are clear and I've enjoyed the typeset. While it's possible to find a PDF of the book online, I find having this useful for showing to students.
On Kindle version, theres some problems in diagramming, so sometimes you need to pay atention to identify that is text from notes and observations.