- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 4th edition (27 October 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119077397
- ISBN-13: 978-1119077398
- Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 2.3 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,77,474 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Excel VBA Programming For Dummies Paperback – 27 Oct 2015
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Use the essential tools and operations for VBA
- Get the most out of Excel's macro recording feature
- Handle errors and eliminate bugs in your code
- Develop custom worksheet functions and user-oriented applications
Learn VBA and unlock Excel's full performance potential
Excel is essential in the business world, and knowing how to use its programming language can make you more productive and increasingly valuable to a company. This accessible guide explains how to use Excel VBA to open up Excel's expansive capabilities. You'll learn basic programming concepts and how to create custom functions, add-ins, and applications with VBA.
- What it's all about start with a complete overview of VBA and learn how it can help you automate routine tasks, create custom commands and add-ins, and develop macro-driven applications
- A world of objects dig into the Excel object model and see how VBA is implemented in Excel
- Master basic programming concepts learn the lingo and find out what programming involves
- Dive a little deeper explore range objects and their properties and create a variety of alternatives to Excel UserForms
- Get down to business discover how to create custom dialog boxes, customize the Ribbon, and add a button to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Put it all to work include your own custom buttons in the Excel user interface, design user-oriented applications, and work with other Office applications
Open the book and find:
- Advantages and disadvantages of VBA
- How the Excel object hierarchy works
- Step-by-step instructions for creating macros
- Useful Range object properties and methods
- Techniques for handling errors
- How to develop custom solutions to fit your needs
- Tips for exterminating bugs in your code
About the Author
John Walkenbach is a leading authority on spreadsheet software and creator of the award-winning Power Utility Pak. The author of more than 50 books, he has also written articles and reviews for PC World, InfoWorld, and Windows. John maintains the popular Spreadsheet Page at http://spreadsheetpage.com.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Related items to consider
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I really enjoy the practices that goes along with what you're learning. There's no better way to learn that actually doing it!