- Hardcover: 127 pages
- Publisher: Rawat (10 June 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8131600211
- ISBN-13: 978-8131600214
- Package Dimensions: 24.4 x 15.7 x 1.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,35,326 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Ethics in Public Administration Hardcover – 10 Jun 2007
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Book Summary of Ethics In Public Administration: A Philosophical Approach 'Ethics in Public Administration provides public administrators with a theoretical knowledge of ethical principles and a practical framework for applying them. Sheeran reviews the place of ethics in philosophy, links it to political and administrative theory and practice, and analyzes the ethical theories and concepts from which ethical principles are derived. Before delving into ethics as part of philosophy, Sheeran provides the reader with a brief overview of philosophy and its principal subjects, including ontology, epistemology, and psychology. About Author : Patrick J. Sheeran holds a Doctorate in Public Administration and a Masters in International Relations from the University of Southern California. He is a former Catholic priest and has taught various graduate courses in public administration, including ethics, at the University of Southern California, George Mason University, and Shenandoah University. He is the author of Women, Society, the State and Abortion: A Structuralist Analysis (Praeger, 1987). Contents : Preface Part I: General Ethics Status of Ethics in Public Administration Philosophy and Ontology as the Foundation for Ethics Epistemology and Psychology as Roots of Ethics The Focus of Ethics Is Human Action The Morality of Human Action Laws, Rules, Regulations and Conscience as Sources of Ethical Guidance Part II: Special Ethics Human Rights and Duties-Duties to Ourselves Duties to Other Human Beings Our Right to Private Property Social Ethics-Our Rights and Duties as Memerbs of Society Conclusion Selected Bibliography Index
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Very useful book for UPSC GS-4 paper Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude. Easy to understand. Its divided in two parts to understand the history of Ethics in Administration in past. Every UPSC aspirant should refer this book. The book focuses on western ideology of ethics hence useful to understand western ethics specially ethics in American administration. Indian ethics is not covered. Students should refer another books to understand Eastern Ethics.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com