English for General Competitions - Vol.1 Paperback – Jan 2017
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I purchased it @Rs. 265.
1. Good binding.
2. Pages are of fine quality.
3. Font size is big enough to read and does not create any strain on eyes even after long hours of study.
4. Printing is also very good.
5. Chapters are given in the reducing order of importance. Those chapters which are extremely important, have been given in the beginning. So if you don't have much time, you can read initial few chapters and you will get good marks.
6. Enough number of examples have also been provided.
7. After every chapter, the exercise has been given in which good questions are given. The standard of these questions is at par with SSC CGL level. Hence if you could practice these properly, your chances of getting good marks in SSC English will increase by leaps and bounds.
8. Vocabulary part is the special attraction of this book. Those words have been provided which are asked most of the time. If you could memorize its vocabulary, chances are very high that your vocabulary part in SSC English examination will become your highest yielding part in English because you will be sure of the answers.
9. The solutions of questions have also been provided for exercises. It makes it more useful.
10. The solutions and answer keys are correct. You can rely on them.
1. If you have even 2 years old version of this book, please don't purchase it. I have checked its 500+ pages claim and it is completely useless. Practice exercises have been given for increasing the number of pages. It is better to purchase a complete book of questions rather than wasting money on this book if you have the older version of it. (I have given you some links for books to practice).
2. For some questions, the solutions are not detailed. This may create some problem for someone but that too is in very few questions.
Final comment- If your target is SSC CGL then go for this book. Keep in mind that if your medium of learning is also English then only purchase this book otherwise go for the Hindi version of this book. If you want content, this is the best book for SSC.
Links for some other books for practice questions-
1. Objective General English (R.S. Aggarwal)
2. Objective General English
3. Kiran's SSC English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 11000+ Objective Questions (Hindi) - 1926