Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 91.91 Delivery charge
+ 100.00 Delivery charge
+ 106.00 Delivery charge
Elements Of Workshop Technology Vol-1 Paperback – 2008
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
At my end, I am a software consultant with CS background and 8 years of work experience. I just wanted to get a decent introduction to this field and this book is of great help in that regard. Indian authors are great when it comes to writing technical books - they get down to the freaking point with ease. This is one of those books.
Here is the TOC :
1. General Introduction
2. Fundamental of metals and alloys
3. Properties testing and inspection of metals
4. Ferrous metals and alloys
5. Nonferrous metals and alloys
6. Heat Treatment of metals and alloys
7. Mechanical working of metals
8. Smithing and forging
9. Welding and related processes
10. Wood and wood working
11. Pattern making and foundry
12. Powder metallurgy
13. Plastics and their processing
14. Bench Work and fitting
15. Limits, fits and surface quality
16. Measurement and inspection
17. Surface coating of metals
18. Sheet metal work
19. Plumbing, threading fasteners and joints
20. Quality control
21. Ceramic and glass processing
22. Introduction to machine tools
These two volumes have remained gems in this field since 1960s
Vol 1 covers basics and vol2 covers machine tools and unconventional methods.
1. very well written by experts in this field
2. concise and to the point
3. highly informative
4. worked examples throughout chapters.
U do not have to refer to any other book