El Almendro Turron Gift Pack, 225g
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Natural and delightful gourmet speciality
- El Almendro since 1883, a product of Spain
- El Almendro almond crunch 75g (contains egg white) , El Almendro almond caramel 75g (with sesame seeds) , El Almendro almond crocanti 75g ( with chocolate ) - Net Wt. 225g
All food products are non-returnable.
Stock up your kitchen at India's largest online grocery store
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Fabulous mix of almonds, caramel and chocolate in a gift pack of turrónes.
From the Manufacturer
What is Turron?
Turron is a traditional sweet that has been made in Spain for over 600 years by mixing almonds, honey and sugar. Its origins are uncertain, although evidence shows that it was already made by the Arabs living in Spain in the Middle Ages.
Ingredients and Types
Though much has changed over the last six centuries, the basic ingredients remain the same for the two classic types of turron: crunchy and creamy. The first and most important ingredient is almonds, which are slowly toasted. The variety used is the Spanish "marcona", due to its perfect balance of sweet taste and high oil content. Honey and sugar are then heated and blended together with the toasted almonds and some egg white. In the creamy version, the same mixture is milled into a fine paste while still warm.
Way to Eat it
Crunchy turrons should be cut by hand into smaller pieces before eating (usually bars come pre cut to ease consumption). Creamy turron is better to place on a plate and cut with a knife. When opening the vacuum packed wrap you will find the natural almonds oils.
What can it be eaten with?
Turron is an excellent choice for dessert, and can also be eaten at breakfast or as a nutritious snack. It is ideal to have with sweet and sparkling wines or to accompany a cup of tea or coffee. Turron is also used as an ingredient in other recipes (ice cream, bonbons, etc.)
Complete nutrient - Rich source of protein, essential aminoacids, iron, calcium and phosphorus. - Cholesterol free - Gluten free There are also sugar free and egg free varieties (suitable for vegetarians).
El Almendro: A Brand of the Delaviuda Confectionery Group
What today is known as Delaviuda Confectionery Group comes from a history of effort and improvement starting in 1927 when Manuel López and María Rojas opened a small confectionery shop in the town of Sonseca (Toledo).
In 1939 María becomes widowed with two children, and takes over the family business. Her sacrifice and tenacity not only makes the confectionery move forward, but also makes it increasingly popular. It is the customers who slowly create the brand when they speak about the excellence of the widow’s (in Spanish, “de la viuda”) sweets.
Later, her son Alfredo, current president of the company, takes over the management of the business and with effort, dedication and entrepreneurial vision transforms a traditional confectionery business into an industry of production and marketing of a variety of traditional confectionery products with the opening, in the late 70′s, of the plant in Sonseca which, after successive enlargements and technological renovations, is at the forefront of the sector.
Parallel to its industrial development, in 1996 Delaviuda Alimentación acquires “Monerris Planelles” and “El Almendro”, both leaders in the turron industry, integrating within the company all of their industrial assets and employees, thus becoming the leading company in the Christmas confectionery sector, grouping together three of the most well known and appreciated brands.
El Almendro: 'Come back home, come back...'
- In 1905, AntonioMonerris, from Monerris Planelles family,created the brand which would later be famous worldwide: El Almendro
- This product prospered so fast that very soon, in 1909, it was necessary to relocate and expand the facilities in order to meet the growing demand for products. The result: the creation of the most modern turron factory at the time.
- Thanks to the investments in infrastructure and the good management of the family, the brand El Almendro quickly positioned itself as the leading turron brand in Spain, obtaining numerous awards both nationally and internationally, which further increased its prestige and expansion.
- Today, the brand El Almendro has become a symbol of Spanish Christmas, to the point that the Christmas season is not considered to be underway until its campaign reaches the homes through television with its characteristic jingle “Vuelve a casa, vuelve (Come back home, come back)”.