- 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions on orders above Rs. 8000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save up to Rs 2400 a year; Earn 2% cash back on every order with Amazon Pay balance. Sign up now! Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Ego is the Enemy Hardcover – 13 Aug 2016
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Ryan Holiday is one of his generation's finest thinkers, and this book is his best yet.
The comedian Bill Hicks said the world was tainted with fevered egos. In Ego Is The Enemy, Ryan Holiday writes us all a prescription: humility. This book is packed with stories and quotes that will help you get out of your own way. Whether you're starting out or starting over, you'll find something to steal here.
This is a book I want every athlete, aspiring leader, entrepreneur, thinker and doer to read. Ryan Holiday is one of the most promising young writers of his generation.
I see the toxic vanity of ego at play every day and it never ceases to amaze me how often it wrecks promising creative endeavors. Read this book before it wrecks you or the projects and people you love. Consider it as urgently as you do a proper workout regimen and eating right. Ryan's insights are priceless.
I don't have many rules in life, but one I never break is: If Ryan Holiday writes a book, I read it as soon as I can get my hands on it.
In his new book Ryan Holiday attacks the greatest obstacle to mastery and true success in life-our insatiable ego. In an inspiring yet practical way, he teaches us how to manage and tame this beast within us so that we can focus on what really matters-producing the best work possible.
We're often told that to achieve success, we need confidence. With refreshing candor, Ryan Holiday challenges that assumption, highlighting how we can earn confidence by pursuing something bigger than our own success.
Once again Ryan Holiday has laid down the gauntlet for readers willing to challenge themselves with the tough questions of our time. Every reader will find truths that are pertinent to each of our lives. Ego can be the enemy if we are unarmed with the cautionary insights of history, scripture, and philosophy. As was said to St. Augustine more than a thousand years ago, "pick it up and read"; for to not do so is to allow the enemy to bring despair.
In this day in age where everyone seeks instant gratification, the idea of success is skewed - many believing the road to their goals is a linear path. As a former professional athlete I can tell you that the road is anything but linear. In fact it is one that consists of twists, turns, and ups and downs - it requires you to put your head down and put in the work. Ryan Holiday hits the nail on the head with this book, reminding us that the real success is in the journey and learning process. I only wish I had this gem as a reference during my playing days.
Philosophy has gotten a bad rap, but Ryan Holiday is restoring it to its rightful place in our lives. This book-packed with unforgettable stories, strategies, and lessons-is perfect for anyone who strives to do and accomplish. It's no exaggeration to say that, after finishing it, you'll never open your laptop and sit down to work the same way again.
A powerful meditation on the nature and dangers of ego, from the bestselling author of <i>The Obstacle </i><i>is the Way</i>See all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 70 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
While the topic of 'Ego' can be explained in many which ways, I am very impressed by the manner in which the Author Ryan Holiday addresses this very subjective issue:
- The breadth of the quotes, references, and anecdotes of real people is really my greatest learning from this book. Benjamin Franklin, Steinbeck, Genghis Khan, Degas, Aristotle, Bezos, Eisenhower, Angela Merkel, Jim Collins, Marcus Aurelius all make grand appearances in this great book!
- The Latin phrases I learned are impactful and very educative!
- The introspection of the subject is gut-wrenching. It's all true...
- The peculiar cases of Howard Huges, Diogenes, Lyndon Johnson are very enlightening.
Recommend everyone especially youngsters & startup entrepreneurs to read!!