- Paperback: 688 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne (1 September 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0072230657
- ISBN-13: 978-0072230659
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 2.5 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,28,004 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Effective Oracle by Design (Oracle Press) Paperback – 1 Sep 2003
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
Streamline Application Development with Help from an Oracle Expert
Oracle guru Tom Kyte has written the definitive guide to designing and building high-performance, scalable Oracle applications. Providing detailed code examples throughout, Tom teaches proactive and efficient methods to develop and tune Oracle applications that fully exploit the database. You'll learn how to maximize the built-in functionality of the tools you're using in order to achieve the best results possible. From the exclusive publisher of Oracle Press books, this is a must-have resource for all Oracle developers and DBAs.
- Use SQL*Plus, TKPROF, STATSPACK, JDeveloper, and other tools
- Take advantage of Oracle's scalable architectural implementations
- Handle administration with SPFILES, Oracle Managed Files, and Automatic Segment Space Management
- Use archivelog mode, RMAN, and Data Guard for bulletproof backup and recovery
- Improve statement processing by using bind variables and reducing parsing
- Make full use of the Cost Based Optimizer (CBO)
- Choose data structures that result in effectively designed schemas
- Write efficient SQL statements and high-performance PL/SQL code
- Learn invaluable techniques from an Oracle insider
About the Author
Thomas Kyte (Leesburg, VA) is among the most knowledgeable Oracle professionals in the world. He is Vice President in the Oracle Government, Education, and Health group and is the “Tom” behind the Ask Tom column in Oracle Magazine and the online forum at http://asktom.oracle.com. He has answered thousands of technical questions that sparked the creation of this book and is the author of Expert One-on-One Oracle (Wrox).
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Can't wait to get my hands on "one-on-one", I hope it's more of the same.
My only wish is that this book covered more ground, especially on newer or perhaps peripheral topics such as RAC, ASM, XMLDB, OCI/OCCI, DataGuard and so on.. but maybe that's asking too much from one book.
Classic Tom Kyte. Get it on your bookshelf today if you implement or support Oracle database solutions for a living.