Echo Dot (2nd Gen) - Smart speaker with Alexa (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Echo Dot is a hands-free smart speaker that you control using your voice. It connects to Alexa – a cloud based voice service to play music, make calls, check weather and news, set alarms, control smart home devices, and much more.
- Echo Dot includes a built-in speaker. It can also connect to external speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable.
- Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from your favourite music services like Amazon Prime Music, Saavn, and TuneIn. Using multi-room music, you can even play music across multiple Echo devices at the same time.
- With seven microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo Dot hears you from any direction-even in noisy environments or while playing music.
- Call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Simply ask "Alexa, how do I set up calling?" to get started. You can also use Alexa to make Skype calls.
- Controls lights, plugs, and more with compatible connected devices from Philips, Syska, TP-Link and Oakter.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to order food from Zomato, request a ride from Ola, book a carpenter from Urbanclap, and more.
There is a newer version of this item:
Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled smart device for the home with a built-in speaker. Echo Dot connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, make calls, answer questions, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more - instantly.
Amazon Echo Dot
83.5 x 83.5 x 32 mm
Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connection to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.
Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers. 3.5 mm stereo audio output for use with external speakers (audio cable not included)
The Alexa App is compatible with Android and iOS devices and also accessible via your desktop browser. Certain skills and services are subject to change, may not be available in all areas and may require separate subscriptions or other fees.
Warranty and Service
Included in the Box
Echo Dot, power adaptor, USB charging cable and Quick Start Guide.
Compare Echo Dot, Amazon Echo, Echo Plus & Echo Spot
|Overview||Add Alexa to any room||Powerful room-filling sound||Premium sound with built-in smart home hub||Stylish and compact Echo with a screen|
|Speaker size||1.6" speaker||2.5" woofer, 0.6" tweeter||3" woofer, 0.8" tweeter||1.4" speaker|
|Display resolution||480 x 480|
|Controls smart home devices|
|Dual speakers powered by Dolby|
|Streaming music (Amazon Prime Music, Saavn and Tune In)|
|Line out with 3.5 mm cable or Bluetooth||Line in and line out|
|Video calls to supported devices|
2,545 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 2,545 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also I have Fibaro Home automation and though I found the settings on Amazon.com, it is not found on Amazon.in and so it's not connecting to Home Automation device too.
If you want a music player which can be voic6 controlled go for it
Although you need to pay for that music service eventually.And I'm pretty much sure Amazon is going to push prime music through your throat
it plays any songs from any language..
it plays FM stations and akshvani also..
it plays the news from top rated news papers.
it can call or message with each other
it answering all questions and providing details from wiki
helps to order food, ola ride
creating calender, makes reminder alarm.
skill updating daily really enjoying...
Amazing skills are available
Got it for 2250/- in offers.
Alexa can play music on demand, quiz, time, news and more features are added everyday.
Music library will enhance if u have Amazon prime account otherwise library is limited.
Though even having prime Alexa can't find certain songs in library
It's good to start with echo dot to know whether u like it or not.
Bluetooth support with Alexa is excellent and Bluetooth connect/disconnect are via voice command
Volume level are also through voice cmd which is greatly helpful
Overall it nice to have one
The smallest of the Echo series which is a brand of smart speakers developed by Amazon which connects to the voice - controlled intelligent personal assistant Alexa.
So you must be wondering what Alexa is capable of, well she can do a lot of things such as :
1. Setting alarms and timers.
2. Play music.
3. Reading out ebooks.
4. Updates on weather forecast and traffic.
5. Recent news headlines and general
information about sports,movies etc.
6. Home automation.
7. Adding stuff to your shopping list.
And a lot more...
She has the so called 'Skills' which allows her to connect to third party apps and do particular things like booking a cab on Uber.
This just keeps getting bigger and better through updates.
What's in the box?
1. Echo dot
2. 9W Adapter
3. USB cable (long)
4. User manual
There was a slight delay in the delivery but the packing was superbly done by Amazon.
The reason I decided to deduct one star is because of the sound quality. Amazon's Alexa app has an Equaliser which can adjust the base, middle and treble. But this still couldn't give the best output. If you want the best music output then I'd say you connect echo dot with external Bluetooth speaker. Echo dot + Jbl Flip 4 = House party.