- Reading level: 14+ years
- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: Human Kinetics Publishers; 2nd Revised edition edition (31 January 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0736067892
- ISBN-13: 978-0736067898
- Product Dimensions: 21 x 3.2 x 27.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,04,587 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Dynamic Alignment Through Imagery Paperback – 31 Jan 2012
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days. Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (3): Get 5% cashback on a minimum purchase of Rs 2000 with HDFC Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount on Axis bank Credit EMI and 10% Instant Discount on Axis Bank Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
"The Franklin Method training as outlined in this book is the most intelligent approach to learning about the workings of the body that I have ever attended. It is not just information but the experience of our design as we learn that is transforming." Tom McCook-- Fitness Instructor, Founder and Director, Center of Balance "In Dynamic Alignment Through Imagery, Eric Franklin offers an easy-to-read, practical, and educational resource, which I wholly recommend." Dr. Emma Redding-- Head of Dance Science, Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, President, International Association for Dance Medicine & Science "Dynamic Alignment Through Imagery is a must-have resource. Eric Franklin creates a truly powerful tool for improving movement and function." Marie-Jose Blom-- PMA Gold-Certified Master Pilates Teacher, Founder and Owner, Long Beach Dance Conditioning, Founder and Owner, Angel City Body Kinetics, Founder and Partner, SmartSpine Works "The Franklin Method has had a profound influence on my personal and professional life. Eric Franklin's evolution of imagery and its application contain the knowledge and power to create a quantum leap in our understanding of human movement and our own potential." Jan Dunn M.S.-- Past President, International Association for Dance Medicine & Science
About the Author
Eric Franklin is director and founder of the Franklin Institute in Uster, Switzerland. He has more than 35 years' experience as a dancer and choreographer, and he has shared imagery techniques in his teaching since 1986. Franklin has taught extensively throughout the United States and Europe at the Julliard School in New York, the Royal Ballet School in London, the Danish Ballet in Copenhagen, the Dance Academy of Rome and the Institute for Psychomotor Therapy in Zurich.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
* update: I have rehabbed from the sciatica and have only had one time that started that little pinpoint area that indicated trouble, after blizzard snow shoveling. I made sure I went into the vagus nerve reset position for 45 min each day and took it easy physically for a few days & no problems. I do the daily exercises recommended for sciatica and I look forward to it each day after work. In the meantime, I've been working on expanding the repetoire of movement/alignment exercises. Examples: climbing stairs by seeing hip/knees as rocker arms on oil derrick and as I reach w/ my arms overhead, leading w/ my pinkie finger instead of index-thumb. I'm moving w/ more ease, have more energy at the end of the day (many w/ over 16,000 steps) and people keep asking me if I've lost weight. I put that down to the realignment that is happening through the posture correction that happens moving mindfully. I also go on You-tube and type in the names of the exercises and many are right there. Give the book a try, it stands up to the test.
I cannot recommend Eric Franklin products enough, because they're phenomenal.
When you get it, you have to sit with some paragraphs and let it sink in. Then read it many more times to see how it is interwoven. No superfulous words, no junk thrown in. It all is purposeful. Beautifully done.