- Product Dimensions: 10 x 4 x 7 cm
- Item model number: 400417
- ASIN: B000OOCLAY
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 2 May 2015
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #42,217 in Health & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health & Personal Care)
Dudu Osun Black Soap 150g
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- Black Soap
- Natural ingredients
Note: The order quantity for this product is limited to 4 units per customer.
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Return Policy on this item
All beauty products are non-returnable.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
All products are imported from the USA. All electronic products must be used with a step down/up converter for Indian voltage compatibility.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
One day I discovered that my sulfur soap was gone, and I had a bad breakout on my scalp. I decided to give the Dudu-Osun soap a try. How and why this soap may be effective requires some explanation, and I apologize if this seems a bit like lecturing.
Dudu-Osun soap contains different forms of wood ash, which in turn has a high percentage of calcium carbonate (used in agricultural lime) and potash (used in lye). Lye is a common soap ingredient. Lime is not so commonly used. Both are alkaline (high pH level). As such they can be caustic and corrosive although in small quantities this can be controlled. Dudu-Osun soap contains things like palm oil and shea butter which should help to reduce the burning that caustic substances can cause.
What does this mean for a soap meant to help with breakouts? Here is my own analysis, based on chemistry and personal experience:
1. Anti-bacterial action. Bacteria do not thrive well in alkaline environments. Dudu-Osun creates a highly alkaline environment which has a more highly disinfectant action than most soaps.
2. Skin irritation. Caustic alkaline soaps have a very high potential for skin irritation. The more sensitive your skin, the worse this will be. This is the downside of Dudu-Osun's disinfectant qualities. If left on the skin for even a minute, I can feel the burning for up to six hours later, and my skin sensitivity level is normal. If you use Dudu-Osun, wash it off immediately. Don't let it get near your eyes or other more fragile tissue.
3. Exfoliation. Exfoliants remove dead skin cells, which clears pores, allows hair follicles to grow, and generally promotes skin health. Chemical exfoliants are typically acidic (e.g., alpha hydroxy acid). Dudu-Osun is alkaline. It is not the best solution for skin exfoliation. With a good exfoliant, your skin will feel more refreshed. While your skin will feel clean with Dudu-Osun, you won't have the refreshing quality that a good exfoliant produces.
4. General effectiveness. It took only a couple of days for me to resolve a scalp breakout with Dudu-Osun. But when I wasn't careful about flushing with water, it hurt.
5. Alternatives. Sulfur soap with Dead Sea salts (such as what Jericho and Adovia offer) tends to be acidic when combined with water. Acid also has an anti-bacterial action as well as being good for exfoliation. The salts themselves have magnesium, which has anti-inflammatory and hydration qualities that people have found therapeutic for over 4,000 years. I rate these soaps as better than Dudu-Osun.
6. Value. What can I say? This product is a steal at its current pricing. If you're careful about flushing with water and don't mind getting a separate exfoliant, it should serve you well.
I hope that some of this helps to clarify the sometimes conflicting comments from other reviewers.
No powerful or lingering smell(great for us sensitive skinned folks)
The soap seems to last a long time and it lathers wonderfully
This soap is brown to the core! It you leave it on a bathroom window sill(like me) it will drip brown streaks until it dries. Leave it in a white loofah mitt at night, in the morning you will find a mitt that looks like someone wiped their butt with it.
The ingredients could spend a little more time in the mortar and pestle. I once aimlessly used the soap sans loofah mitt, and ended up giving myself a 5 inch long burning scratch across my chest. I was horrified to find a sharp little twig embedded in the soap.
I will recommend this soap only as a TEMPORARY fix. When my eczema was in the angry, weepy stage, the DO soap helped to heal it. Once my skin returned to normal, I found this soap to be very drying and a little harsh on the face. Also I suggest keeping this soap in a dish, lest you end up with brown puddles everywhere.